Oh crap, now I'm crashing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cheaptrickfan

The thing I hate about mood disorders is that they're so... moody. *grumble*

AND, I "ran into" an ex of mine on a mutual friend's facebook page. It took huge force of will not to send him a message. No. NO. That would be bad. Bad.

This sucks. What's more, tonight I am super-alone because my kids are at my SIL's for a sleepover with two of their cousins. My ex-husband is no doubt out on a hot date with his gf and here I am, alone. Again. Still.

Oh, and I'm supposed to be low-carbing it so I can't even console myself with decadent food and wine.

FML. Really. Just fresia it.

I hate being an adult sometimes. Things were easier when I had my parents to console me. Now I am the Mom with All the Answers... except for my own.

:(

awww that sounds soooo not fun :(
(hugs hugs hugs)
dear, hold on :( i know what you mean about parents :/ sometimes you just want someone smarter than you to hold you and say that things will work out in the end :(

(hug)

sorry dear :(

and yes, sending messages is a bad idea :( never does anything good, so keep being strong and not doing it :(

but you have the house to yourself silly!
rent a movie, grab a blankey and enjoy some "you" time. by then your mood should be more relaxed right?
dont be down, your alive right? and you dont live in haiti

I'm still trying to figure out how to beat my own moodiness :l.

Mood disorders...wtf is that? Is it really all in my head? Can I change it? Is it just a mindset? Am I just not trying hard enough? Am I doing stuff the wrong way? :p

These are all the things I"m trying to figure out in order to combat my own mood disorder (I'm listed as being depressive at my Internist's office.) I mean, my psych classes are teaching me that depression is an imbalance of seritonin, but dont we have at least a bit of control over our neurotransmitter levels if cognitive behavioral therapy can help us? And it does, which means that having a different view on life (restructuring our thoughts) can somehow help.

I think a lot on this subject, trying to figure out ways so I will never ever feel as depressed as I used to. That was an awful feeling.

Are you trying to figure out things too? or have you given up? (just wondering...) Sometimes I think it is easier to give up than try.

And also, who says sadness needs to be medicalized? Maybe it's ok to feel sad sometimes. Maybe...we over-react to our moods and give them too much power.

Hell, I dont know. I'm clueless. But I muddle along anyway.

I"m sorry you feel so alone.

And what is food? Food is...to keep you alive. Food is to nourish you, to give you energy and health. Forget all those fancy sophisticated foods from france and yugopotamia :p. Food's primary purpose is to keep you ALIVE and healthy. And while I may not know what food tastes like (I dont most times.) or how it feels to eat the same thing over and over again, I do know the primary functions of food. I bet we like a variety of foods just because of an evolutionary reason. If we eat a variety of foods it would give us more nutrition. So eating the same thing over and over again is bland and blegh.

Sometimes we crave things because they arent HEALTHY for us. For example, i just learned in human biology class that we crave things high in sugar and fat because in prehistoric times we'd sometimes starve, so the body wants these unhealthy things to build up more fat in the body in case of a famine. It's a bad survival mechanism in today's modern world.

This has to be the longest response I've ever given to a thread. o_O Strange.

lol,

*thinks*

Exes = Poo. That is my algebraic equation. And it makes sense to me! :D

And you know what, that ex husband of yours. He's an *******. I grr him. *thinks* You may think he is happy, but maybe he isnt. People have a remarkable way of making things look fine on the outside when things are shattering behind closed doors and on the inside.

You never really know what's going on.

And I agree with Lokey-loketron. Have fun! Have some you time! Is there anything you've wanted to do but couldnt because the kids were there? If so, do it! Just remember it's a temporary situation. I find that helps when I feel sad, or upset, to remember my sadness/upsetness is temporary. Your kids will be back before you know it!

Oh and remember, none of us have the answers. We're just human, limited, all of us. And I agree, its hard to stand strong all the time. I dont know what i'd do without my mom to support me :l.

Oh and here's a poem I wrote about a month ago:

Life is meant for living,
never standing still.
For even trees which grow as arrows
move the dirt below.

The barnacles in stony silence
hardened; calcified,
peep from their little shells
to catch organisms floating by.

And man which stands
as a silent picture;framed
weeping in his hands
will never see the day.

He will never see the sunshine,
or feel the cool-brown dirt.
His tears become his bars
he stands crippled;inert.

For life is meant for living
for standing straight and tall,
breathing in the air;
dancing at a ball.

Rocky cliffs feel nothing.
Volcanic ash lies still.
Inanimate,
dispassionate; forming nothing; silent hills.

packyourbags said:
awww that sounds soooo not fun :(
(hugs hugs hugs)
dear, hold on :( i know what you mean about parents :/ sometimes you just want someone smarter than you to hold you and say that things will work out in the end :(

(hug)

sorry dear :(

and yes, sending messages is a bad idea :( never does anything good, so keep being strong and not doing it :(

It's times like these when I miss simple human contact like a hug, a snuggle on the couch. Ooohhhhhh honeysuckle.

I will not send him a message. I will not. Will. NOT.

loketron said:
but you have the house to yourself silly!
rent a movie, grab a blankey and enjoy some "you" time. by then your mood should be more relaxed right?
dont be down, your alive right? and you dont live in haiti

Those are some good points.

If I'm not careful, I could end up drunk and depressed after watching The Departed though.

SophiaGrace said:
I mean, my psych classes are teaching me that depression is an imbalance of seritonin, but dont we have at least a bit of control over our neurotransmitter levels if cognitive behavioral therapy can help us? And it does, which means that having a different view on life (restructuring our thoughts) can somehow help.

I know. There are some people who think that CBT is the answer, and others who think that it's not as effective as Rx drugs.

I'm still trying to figure out what's ging to work for me.

SophiaGrace said:
Hell, I dont know. I'm clueless. But I muddle along anyway.

That's really the best we can do on some days.

SophiaGrace said:
And what is food? Food is...to keep you alive. Food is to nourish you, to give you energy and health.

It can be a crutch for people who eat their emotions. Not always a great thing. :/

SophiaGrace said:
Exes = Poo. That is my algebraic equation. And it makes sense to me! :D

I'll buy that. :)

SophiaGrace said:
Life is meant for living,
never standing still.
For even trees which grow as arrows
move the dirt below.

The barnacles in stony silence
hardened; calcified,
peep from their little shells
to catch organisms floating by.

And man which stands
as a silent picture;framed
weeping in his hands
will never see the day.

He will never see the sunshine,
or feel the cool-brown dirt.
His tears become his bars
he stands crippled;inert.

For life is meant for living
for standing straight and tall,
breathing in the air;
dancing at a ball.

Rocky cliffs feel nothing.
Volcanic ash lies still.
Inanimate,
dispassionate; forming nothing; silent hills.

What a wonderful poem! Thank you for sharing it. :)

thats awesome packyourbags'! i love simons cat and i havent seen that one! infact, last i checked i only though there were 3-4(?)

and cheers B.whats your drink of choice? and instead of 'the departed', put in 'zombieland'. saw that a few days ago, have you?

Zombieland is great! I saw it too..hilarious!

You should watch that movie cheaptrick. Itd make you laugh :)

fresia it..act like a kid..cheaptrip.

That's what I do sometimes...let out my inner child.
That's what separate me from being grow up from be a mature adult.
I can do whatever the heck I want...becuase I'm an adult.

Send your kids to the sitters more often and go out on s hot date yourself...

I'm sorry about your ex. It took me a long time to get over my ex-wf and I'm not still over her...as you know.
Mostly like is becuase there was a child involved..

I actaully saw my ex-gf of 12 years a couple of weeks ago...I don't really give a honeysuckle....I don't.
Luckiy we didn't have any kids together...If i had to deal with her all the time...It would probably
retrigger alot of anger and hatered in me too. I'm sick and tired of trying to figure her out..
I don't give a fresia what she dose anymore...who she fucks, if she's happy or sad...I don't really care anymore.
She dosn't care or worry about me that's for **** sure...Oh fucken will , it's her lost.

Don't have to be miss grown-up all the time. Go out get some action then put your clothes back on and be mommy again.

As for facebook ex-relationship hell, I've found the best thing for me was ridding myself of facebook. Of course this doesn't work for everyone. I feel so much better now without it, a lot more lonely but happy'ish

Pros and cons to FB. I havent logged onto it in a almost a week cause my ex and i are still friends on it. I see her log in and yes it is so very hard to NOT send her a message so i just decided not to log in for a while.

And to make it worse, she has come into my workplace the last 3 shifts i have worked. Always when im working. I cant tell her not to cause her friends come in on my nights i work. Im a bartender 2 nights a week for extra part time work. Hell, she was in last night sitting right at my bar, and i have to act cool.

We did talk last fri. night when she came in, and it was fine. Honestly it was sooooo good to see her. But i know not to read into it or think she wants me back, she is just hanging with her friends. Oddly though she doesnt even drink and never really came in to hang with her friends that much when we were dating... again cant read into whats not there.

She sent me a message on FB after last fri. night and she hopes we can be friends. I guess thats better than nothing, but im not over her so im not logging into FB again til i am. It sux but i know the less interaction i have with her the faster i will be able to let her go. Just hope she doesnt come in this fri. night. She isnt making it easy for me.

Time for a shower and get drunk! bbl

I know this is an inane thing to say but drinking is a bad coping mechanism..and so is misusing food.

I have now stated the obvious. Go me.

With the food you'll be pissed at yourself if you go off your diet. You'll think to yourself "man...I wish I hadn't done that." But if you stick to it you'll be able to say "hey I was able to stick to it even when I felt like crap. It'll make you proud of yourself :).

cheaptrickfan said:
The thing I hate about mood disorders is that they're so... moody. *grumble*

AND, I "ran into" an ex of mine on a mutual friend's facebook page. It took huge force of will not to send him a message. No. NO. That would be bad. Bad.

This sucks. What's more, tonight I am super-alone because my kids are at my SIL's for a sleepover with two of their cousins. My ex-husband is no doubt out on a hot date with the home-wrecking whore and here I am, alone. Again. Still.

Oh, and I'm supposed to be low-carbing it so I can't even console myself with decadent food and wine.

FML. Really. Just fresia it.

I hate being an adult sometimes. Things were easier when I had my parents to console me. Now I am the Mom with All the Answers... except for my own.

:(

do what i'm about ready to do, drown your sorrow in an bottle of alcohol, and listen to some mudvayne...er...whatever you like...possibly some cheap trick.

Pleae don't drink...it's just a banage job...you migth feel numb for a while but you'll get more depress after...
Alcohol is a depressent. I used to drown my sorrows in the bottle for years...it never got me any where but worst.

You are a very beautiful woman. Seriously I find you very attractive.
If fate didn't have it's way and our lives situation is a little bit different. I probably ask you out.

I used to get up everyday with the thought of Sherry...and it made feel like honeysuckle. It drove me nucken futz.
I was very, very angery at her. I hated getting up like that. I didn't want to get up feeling like,
but everyday I woke up very, very upset. I just can't imagine someone can be so crul.
I felt even worst about myself for letting myself getting involved with her. I felt so fucken stupid.
I felt like 12 years of my life got pissed down the drain and it was all a fucken lie..
I could never get that back. I felt so fucken felty. I used to take showers and try to scrub her off of me
I was only 29 years old when i met her...I felt the best years of my life was stolen from me
I had hope the somehow maybe she can at least be a decent human being but that was too much to expect out of her.
I needed closure but that too was too much to expect out of her.
I hope that maybe someday that I would awaken without thinking about her.
I hope that someday that she wouldn't even cross my mind.

I used to run into her in person...once or twice a week. Everytime I see her...it made me very, very up set.
Well..fresia it. i couldn't hold it in anymore...I called her a dirty, filty rotten fucken whore in front of everybody...
Well that's what she was...She messed my friend. There's thousands of guys out there...but it had to be my fucken
friend. We broke up or separate plenty of times...She could had fresia someone else then...but no, she had to do it
after we got back together for the fucken 5th times.

well fresia me with a screw driver...I'm a bad person ..fresia it . i don't give honeysuckle what anybody thinks anymore.
Sherry is a dirty filty fucken whore...there i said it again..I didn't get struck by lighting. Anyone wants to give me honeysuckle about this..Well they can fresia -off too.

Anyways....I let her go. I remember that day especifically...I made a consious decisions to let her go.
I'm done...done..done with the fucken *****. There's othjer people that's going accept her, love her and help her...I don't care. Good for them.
I done with her...She can go to fresia hell . " Frankly my dear....I just don't give a fresia"....(gone with the wind LC style :p)
Yeah man...life imatate art...When our children died, it all went to fucken honeysuckle. She checked the messed out...

My life started changing. Other women came into my life.
There...there's going to be people that loves me, accept and care for me too.

i hope you find peace someday Cheaptrick.
What you need to do is replace the old messed up guitar player with a new kick ass guitar player...not all lead guitarist are the same.:)

Thanks everyone. I ended up going to bed early last night in an attempt to shorten my misery.

Also, I know all about the perils of self-medicating with alcohol and food. But I thank you all for your concern and support. xoxo

I'm feeling a bit better this morning, but then again I am looking forward to my kids coming back.

Thanks, everyone. :)

loketron said:
thats awesome packyourbags'! i love simons cat and i havent seen that one! infact, last i checked i only though there were 3-4(?)

and cheers B.whats your drink of choice? and instead of 'the departed', put in 'zombieland'. saw that a few days ago, have you?

I haven't seen Zombieland yet, though since this is another "all by myself" weekend I may rent it on Saturday.

My drink of choice: depends. I like a nice wine with a superb good meal, hearty microbrews with other meals and if I want a cocktail I prefer a gin and tonic or bourbon.

However I very rarely let myself indulge anymore. I never drink when I am the custodial parent - what if they need me? And I prefer not to drink alone if I'm depressed because that can spell disaster.

So. There you have it.

Lonesome Crow said:
Pleae don't drink...it's just a banage job...you migth feel numb for a while but you'll get more depress after...
Alcohol is a depressent. I used to drown my sorrows in the bottle for years...it never got me any where but worst.

Oh, I do know this. Thanks though xoxo

Lonesome Crow said:
You are a very beautiful woman. Seriously I find you very attractive.
If fate didn't have it's way and our lives situation is a little bit different. I probably ask you out.

This is actually very sweet of you.

Lonesome Crow said:
I used to get up everyday with the thought of Sherry...and it made feel like honeysuckle. It drove me nucken futz.

I felt like 12 years of my life got pissed down the drain and it was all a fucken lie..

Yeah I know exactly what you mean here. On some days it's hard for me not to see the decade and a half I was with my ex as a mistake, but my kids came from that time and they are in no way a mistake.

Lonesome Crow said:
When our children died, it all went to fucken honeysuckle. She checked the messed out...

I think that our son's death is what caused the rift between us and it only got wider as we were unable to bridge the emotional gap. It still sucks.

Lonesome Crow said:
i hope you find peace someday Cheaptrick.
What you need to do is replace the old messed up guitar player with a new kick ass guitar player...not all lead guitarist are the same.:)

lol You keep saying that. I shouldn't violate my own rule of sweeping generalizations and assume that all lead guitarists are self-absorbed glory-hogs. But really, I do love the bass. ;-)

Latest posts

Back