On the table outside

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mouse

In my apartment I have room set aside where I write undisturbed. Outside is a small oak console table that I keep a few books on, a posy of fragrant roses in a vase and a trinket or two. Nothing substantial, just a little something to interest anyone who might have to wait for me while I am busy at my scribblings.

What is interesting are the things that are left on that table by others. Yesterday there was bracelet, a bottle of beer, a cellophane wrapped bag of homemade fudge which Monica had made specially for me, two Coxs apples and some books that weren't mine.

Once in a while I think I should get rid of the table, because it's everyone else's leave-all. :rolleyes: Then I think I should leave it there because it seems to be so convenient for everyone and I do get the odd pressy, like the fudge. :)

Do you have a space like that at work, or at home?

Love, Anna Mouse

Sort of.

At work we have the laundry room shelf. Sometimes I find quarters there. More frequently, I find lost laundry, or something that broke and got put there in the hopes that I will fix it.

Yeah, not as cool as yours. :p

What I really wish for is my own space for writing, school work, reading etc. My girlfriend gives me space whenever I need it, but mostly I get my own 'time'. She goes to sleep way early for work which leaves the living room as my domain. Still, a space of my own would be nice. Maybe when I have money...

You leave anything out here on a table, it's going to be gone when you blink. The table, too. :p

Latest posts

Back