Photo of the day !

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triple Bogey said:

WishingWell said:
How precious is the life of this mallard (it is a mallard, isn't it?). It is one special creature.

Triple Bogey said:
WishingWell said:
How precious is the life of this mallard (it is a mallard, isn't it?). It is one special creature.

I've no idea what it is. I know when they pair up to mate, there is usually one like this and a brown one which looks totally different. I often see them in the ponds at the golf course.

WishingWell said:
The green color of his/her head is what made me think it is a mallard. There were mallards in the lake in the park near where I used to live.
Canadian duck/mallard .... colorful one is the male .... brown one is the female

BadGuy said:
Triple Bogey said:

WishingWell said:

Triple Bogey said:
WishingWell said:

I've no idea what it is. I know when they pair up to mate, there is usually one like this and a brown one which looks totally different. I often see them in the ponds at the golf course.

WishingWell said:
The green color of his/her head is what made me think it is a mallard. There were mallards in the lake in the park near where I used to live.
Canadian duck/mallard .... colorful one is the male .... brown one is the female

Thank you, BadGuy!

Memories! This looks like a smaller version of Washington Park where I lived near and used to bring my God Daughters to so they could play. That park had swings, a slide, etc., and in the summer there was a fountain that the kids could run around under. They are in their mid to late twenties now and I don't see them anymore. I really miss them and the times we shared.

WishingWell said:
Memories! This looks like a smaller version of Washington Park where I lived near and used to bring my God Daughters to so they could play. That park had swings, a slide, etc., and in the summer there was a fountain that the kids could run around under. They are in their mid to late twenties now and I don't see them anymore. I really miss them and the times we shared.

It's called East Park, it's 20 minutes from where I live.
It's like a default place to get some photo's. There is always some photo opportunities. That one I must have taken 25 times, it's always different somehow.

Yeah, it's a mallard. I sometimes see them around here. I've even seen them in my front yard a couple times. I don't know where they come from. They usually come two by two, one male with his bright green head and one female with her dark brown coat.

I've said it before I'm sure, but you could hold some kind of exhibition with these photos of yours. Maybe make a slideshow or set them to some songs that you feel fit.

Or you could even run a small business selling prints!

If I were you I'd set up some kind of portfolio site and get your name out there. That is, if you want. I'm just saying you've trained your eye well and a lot of people are enjoying your work :)

TheSkaFish said:
Yeah, it's a mallard. I sometimes see them around here. I've even seen them in my front yard a couple times. I don't know where they come from. They usually come two by two, one male with his bright green head and one female with her dark brown coat.

I've said it before I'm sure, but you could hold some kind of exhibition with these photos of yours. Maybe make a slideshow or set them to some songs that you feel fit.

Or you could even run a small business selling prints!

If I were you I'd set up some kind of portfolio site and get your name out there. That is, if you want. I'm just saying you've trained your eye well and a lot of people are enjoying your work :)

Thanks.

I've had 3 photo's in the local paper this week which is good.
But it's just an hobby to me. I am glad people like my photo's.
If I find the time I will make a short video with my photo's and post it on facebook or something.

WishingWell said:
These past few photos are beautiful. I couldn't pick a favorite!

Thank you.

The second to last one is from last May when I walked up this mountain called Whernside in the Yorkshire Dales. You can see it's still snowy a bit because it is so high up. I love that walk !

WishingWell said:
What a beautiful bird. Did you take it by standing far away with your camera and then zoom in on the subject?

No, I was only a few feet away, I did zoom in a little.
It was in this bird house in the park.

WishingWell said:
Wow! I am surprised the bird didn't fly away with you so close to it.

Well the birds were flying around. I took about 15 photo's and that one came out well. The others were blurred or the bird was looking the other way etc.

Latest posts

Back