Prone to Bad Luck...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cryingcloud

Reaction score
In my last post, I wrote about how I had trouble making friends at my college, while all of that was true, soon after that, I met wonderful girls that accepted me! It was the best feeling ever, and we quickly all became insuperable. There was four of us, and we all just meshed well together. We shared so many laughs to where it got hard to breathe, and went out at nights and all looked out for each other. We saw each other at our weakest, and at our strongest. It all seemed to be falling into place, because I had a great group of friends, (girls and guys) and I was well liked, and acquainted with practically everyone on my floor. Plus, I fell in Love for the first time. (notice the capital "L") Yup, It's the real deal...Things were really good for a few months...up until now. It's the beginning of the second semester, and I just found out I can't go back to school because I have a $7000 bill that neither I nor family can pay. I went to an out-of-state school, so the financial aid didn't cover all of it. They wanted it in full, no exceptions...so here I am, not enrolled in any school, having to leave all the people I've gotten close to. I can't take out a loan either because neither of my parents have a job, and I don't either. Besides that, my mother could no longer afford to provide a home for me, my brother, or even herself. She and I moved in with my grandparents. (Ironically, they are in the same state as my school) So now, not only did I have to leave my friends at college, I also had to leave my friend in my hometown behind, as well as 90% of the things that were in my house, because we only had 3 days to move out. My brother however managed to get a place for himself, so he didn't come to my grandparents with us. I wish I could be like that, I wish I was financially able to stand on my own somehow...I strive for independence from my mom and my grandparents. They do a lot for me, but always hold it over my head like a dark, storming cloud. I managed to get an admissions interview for a school in my hometown, but now since I'm so far away, (9 hours) I have no idea how I'm going to make it. Either way, I'd still have to leave everyone behind, because it's a good two hours from where I used to live. (and 9 hours from my mom) Oh, and as for being in love....it just so happens to be long distance....a VERY long distance. So, it's unattainable, and out of the question...and seeing him move on killed me. I've never been heart broken in my life, and I'm still hurting each day from it, along with everything else. We both love each other, but we can't be together. We don't even get to talk as much as we used to. (every day!!!) We have been talking for 5 years and it's not easy to let this go, even though he says that we deserve to be happy. We made a promise to each other that we would be, and I wish I could keep that promise...There was actually a boy at my college that really liked me, and I thought about giving him a chance, but now since I can't go back, I won't get to pursue the relationship. I swear every opportunity I get, gets taken away from me. This all happened in a matter of [barley] 2 weeks. ( except for the long distance love, that's been for a while...) It just seems that I always lose everything, and everyone. All the things that make me whole, end up leaving me in pieces.

I'm guessing there's no replies because no one has anything to say about my screwed up life?... Yeah, me neither. -.-

cryingcloud said:
I'm guessing there's no replies because no one has anything to say about my screwed up life?... Yeah, me neither. -.-

try putting paragraphs in long posts like that and make it easy to read.

And give posters time to comment on your thread

Triple Bogey said:
cryingcloud said:

try putting paragraphs in long posts like that and make it easy to read.

And give posters time to comment on your thread

Sooooo whats that you said about "giving people time to post"??? lol.

What could I possibly say except " that really sucks" Im sorry for your situation.

Paragraphs help immensely. Otherwiseitlookslikeonehugemessandmostwon'tread it.

Didn't they teach you that in college? :p
lol

I actually managed to read it (wasn't easy, with all those words jumbled so closely together), but I'm gonna guess you're 21 years old or less?
Give yourself some time, this just happened suddenly, it's a growing pain of sorts. In those early years, there are lots of things that happen at breakneck speeds.
As for your Mom and G'Mom holding things over your head, that's their own little issue and that's something you'll just have to learn to put up with - that I say with experience.
However in my case, a very miserable old man who drank everyday and made him incredibly vitriolic.

I can honestly say, you'll get through this and things will get sorted out.
Best thing to do, find a job and keep yourself busy, it helps.

Shoot an email to your friends, talk to them about what's going on as well. If you were that close, you may get some better advice from people who "looked out for each other" and who know you better, more personally.

Hey, so sorry all this is happening to you - how comes the 7000 bill turned up so suddenly? I hate, hate the us system where people must get into debt if they want some sort of education... You sound like a smart person, and it's too bad that your parents are out of luck exactly when you need them the most.
My impression: as soon as you get organized with your life, where to go, what to do, new friends will come, now it s very sad that you have to cope with such loss
But yeah, you didn't screw up anything, the world is still yours

Yeah I guess when I wrote this, all upset and all, i didnt really stop and think: hmm, I need paragraphs.

Oh well! Buuuuuut this post wassss from a little while ago, if you didn't see the post date. (Didn't anyone teach to check the date in school? lololololol.)

Anyways, Ive updated, if you would wanna check out my most recent post, no one seems to be replying to that one either...no paragraphs! But you could always use the handy dandy highlighter! I do that when writing isn't double spaced.

1andonly1 said:

lol

I actually managed to read it (wasn't easy, with all those words jumbled so closely together), but I'm gonna guess you're 21 years old or less?
Give yourself some time, this just happened suddenly, it's a growing pain of sorts. In those early years, there are lots of things that happen at breakneck speeds.
As for your Mom and G'Mom holding things over your head, that's their own little issue and that's something you'll just have to learn to put up with - that I say with experience.
However in my case, a very miserable old man who drank everyday and made him incredibly vitriolic.

Shoot an email to your friends, talk to them about what's going on as well. If you were that close, you may get some better advice from people who "looked out for each other" and who know you better, more personally.

I find it difficult to read, but I made it. Not sure what advice I can give on this since it's so long ago, but I'm glad you had a chance to vent.

Guess I'm right about the age thing. ;) ---> "lololololol"

As for checking the date, it seem to be recent as the last post before my first post in this thread was recent, it would make sense.

You continue using that handy dandy lighter, others will use paragraphs. "lololol"

cryingcloud said:
Yeah I guess when I wrote this, all upset and all, i didnt really stop and think: hmm, I need paragraphs.

Oh well! Buuuuuut this post wassss from a little while ago, if you didn't see the post date. (Didn't anyone teach to check the date in school? lololololol.)

Anyways, Ive updated, if you would wanna check out my most recent post, no one seems to be replying to that one either...no paragraphs! But you could always use the handy dandy highlighter! I do that when writing isn't double spaced.

1andonly1 said:

lol

Yeah, you're a pretty good guesser. I guess a lot of 20 year old's use "lol" repeatedly, since you seem to be judging by statistics. Welp, next time I'll put aside my rants for a moment and make sure I have paragraphs since apparently it's detrimental to most. I mean, I wouldn't want anyone to be feel challenged or intimidated by all the...words. So yeah, next time for sure! :)

1andonly1 said:
Guess I'm right about the age thing. ;) ---> "lololololol"

As for checking the date, it seem to be recent as the last post before my first post in this thread was recent, it would make sense.

You continue using that handy dandy lighter, others will use paragraphs. "lololol"

Latest posts

Back