PS4 or Xbox One? Some say it's a walk over...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your preference...

• Total voters
Locke said:
rdor said:
Locke said:
The Xbox is looking a lot better, but I'm not going to get either one at launch.

Curious, why "a lot" better, in terms of gaming?

So far all the next gen games previewed look decidedly uninspired and lacking in originality, which makes it easy to put that decision for a couple of years.

I actually meant that it was looking better because Microsoft has relaxed their ridiculous DRM plans. But since the reveal for the new console barely showed any new game footage, it actually does look a lot better now in terms of gaming than it did a few months ago.

Some of the games look unoriginal, but I'm sure some good games will be released in time.

I pre-ordered one for my brother and I would of pre-ordered one for myself if they kept to their DRM plans. Would of only needed to buy one copy of a game and it would install on both consoles, so we could play online.

Microsoft lost one sale because of all the fans bitching :p

Punisher said:
I pre-ordered one for my brother and I would of pre-ordered one for myself if they kept to their DRM plans. Would of only needed to buy one copy of a game and it would install on both consoles, so we could play online.

All this DRM stuff doesn't bother me, all I want is a reliable console with decent graphics to PLAY GAMES on (and that doesn't look like an old VHS player), unfortunately they try to make something that takes over everything else which is just stupid; there are already Laptops, Tablets, Phones, TV's and a host of other stuff that can do the same thing... AND some, why have yet another?

They should just leave the **** console just as that and make some other media center device or something.

9006 said:
Punisher said:

All this DRM stuff doesn't bother me, all I want is a reliable console with decent graphics to PLAY GAMES on (and that doesn't look like an old VHS player), unfortunately they try to make something that takes over everything else which is just stupid; there are already Laptops, Tablets, Phones, TV's and a host of other stuff that can do the same thing... AND some, why have yet another?

They should just leave the **** console just as that and make some other media center device or something.

It's a VHS player that can be left on for 10 years :D

I hope you stuck Wii on the list as a joke, lol. In my opinion, Nintendo are flopping everywhere except for in Japan. They will be fans till' the end. I, like the 24 others who have voted at this time, am behind the PS4. It has more games on it that I like. It's set to be cheaper and better then the XBox One, spec-wise. It makes sense to back Sony on this one. Microsoft should make some nice cheap Tablets or something.

Making console add ons like the Wii U is so 90s. It never really worked in the past, which doesn't mean it can work now, but it's kind of a cheap move. Still, I love you Nintendo. I will go make sweet love to my N64 now.

rdor said:
Microsoft are feeling the heat from trying to treat gamers like criminals. If you buy a product then it's yours to lend or sell to others, just as long as it's not copied. What a greedy ploy.

Agreed.

And for xbox to even think about doing this....Death to Xbox!

dax said:
rdor said:
Microsoft are feeling the heat from trying to treat gamers like criminals. If you buy a product then it's yours to lend or sell to others, just as long as it's not copied. What a greedy ploy.

Agreed.

And for xbox to even think about doing this....Death to Xbox!

Sony were going to do the exact same thing, but changed their mind, just like Microsoft: http://ps4daily.com/2013/06/sony-changed-playstation-4-drm-policy-after-xbox-one-outrage/

But Sony fans ignore that and keep trolling.

Punisher said:
But Sony fans ignore that and keep trolling.

OK.

XboxOneJoke.jpg

I still think they're pretty much even now, Sony and Microsoft, with their consoles. Poor Nintendo is always behind, despite being the pioneer in this all. With the DRM thing, Microsoft was making an ass out of themselves with it. Why would you limit your gamers with that sort of thing? There was a lot more people who then ordered one or will be buying an Xbox One after the DRM policies were removed, versus having kept the policies.

VanillaCreme said:
I still think they're pretty much even now, Sony and Microsoft, with their consoles. Poor Nintendo is always behind, despite being the pioneer in this all. With the DRM thing, Microsoft was making an ass out of themselves with it. Why would you limit your gamers with that sort of thing? There was a lot more people who then ordered one or will be buying an Xbox One after the DRM policies were removed, versus having kept the policies.

It's mostly to do with money & control. Microsoft don't want people swapping and selling games because then they loose money, I think the only reason they reversed these policies is purely because of how people reacted. But that still doesn't mean it'll stay that way, they could easily introduce it at a later date, and I think because they were going to initially there's a good chance of this.

I've just stole my xbox 360 back off the kids as they never use it and I remembered it was actually mine and not theirs :p

Any decent games I should play?

I want somethink I can get lost in, the last game I played was Skyrim and I love the edler scrolls so something vast and beautiful to wander about in, not just shooting everything in sight though if possible. Also a two player or addictive puzzle game? Maybe something thats been out in the last 12 months.

Lippy_Kid said:
Any decent games I should play?

Tomb Raider Tomb Raider Tomb Raider Tomb Raider Tomb Raider Tomb Raider Tomb Raider Tomb Raider Tomb Raider Tomb Raider Tomb Raider Tomb Raider Tomb Raider Tomb Raider Tomb Raider Tomb Raider.

^^
Ha I played the first one on the PS1 and loved it and now and then I'll get a copy of a recent release but never stick at it. Thats a good shout though.

Lippy_Kid said:
^^
Ha I played the first one on the PS1 and loved it and now and then I'll get a copy of a recent release but never stick at it. Thats a good shout though.

It's my fave game, though I've well & truly played it to death so I'm currently on GTA4, I never played it properly when I got it. Plus it's like a new game to me now since I've not played it for so long.

It would be good to just be a year behind in terms of new technology, films whatever... then you can enjoy everything thats a year old at a knock down price and see if it turned out any good in the long run!

9006 said:
VanillaCreme said:

It's mostly to do with money & control. Microsoft don't want people swapping and selling games because then they loose money, I think the only reason they reversed these policies is purely because of how people reacted. But that still doesn't mean it'll stay that way, they could easily introduce it at a later date, and I think because they were going to initially there's a good chance of this.

True, but I hope they don't reintroduce it. If they did, it would be a shame. I should be able to sell a game that I bought. But Microsoft basically bought out anyone and everyone they could. I don't know if they're scared of Sony being bigger than they are or what, which I don't think would happen. There are people who like Microsoft, people who like Sony, and people such as myself who like it all. The devs loose out on more than anyone else though.

VanillaCreme said:
True, but I hope they don't reintroduce it. If they did, it would be a shame. I should be able to sell a game that I bought. But Microsoft basically bought out anyone and everyone they could. I don't know if they're scared of Sony being bigger than they are or what, which I don't think would happen. There are people who like Microsoft, people who like Sony, and people such as myself who like it all. The devs loose out on more than anyone else though.

Personally it's not much to do with the company; both are very capable of making some great things, but sometimes their morals are all wrong and it becomes more about control than anything else.

On another note for some reason I've only just noticed your Xbox name in your sig, I'll have to add you.

9006 said:
On another note for some reason I've only just noticed your Xbox name in your sig, I'll have to add you.

Awesome, although, I don't play much on my Xbox anymore. Currently, I don't have Live. I did have my PSN card up there, but only the script showed and I deleted it.

Latest posts

Back