PTSD: Driving - Hyper startle reflex syndrome

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c2a8z

Reaction score
AVEO.JPG

OVEA.JPG

I was on my way to work last November and was hit by a red light runner. The driver at fault, flew through the red light and totaled my AVEO.

It has definitely changed the way I drive. Now I know why people always wait until they are absolutely certain that the cars in the oncoming direction have stopped,
prior to proceeding through the green light.

I am still in recovery with soft tissue injuries, ect.
What a nightmare. I am still in shock.
It was my first auto accident.

I am so sorry that happened to you :( I hope you feel better soon.
And I totally understand about how it makes you a more nervous driver.

I've been in 2 car accidents while I was driving. The first time I got a hit-and-run by a drunk driver. (he was caught though. I knew who it was. It was actually someone I had at one time been sexually involved with. What a coincidence ! but it was a small town.)

The second time it was technically my fault. I was crossing though someones lane and they were speeding and couldnt stop. I think it should have been HIS fault as I did nothing wrong and he was speeding ...but I was in his lane.

I wasn't hurt and it changed the way I drove a little bit. I don't do 90 on the parkway anymore.

You are totally normal for feeling this way. I think the anxiery will lessen with time.

I love small towns. They have so much room for growth. :)

Ever since I was assaulted, I have always maxed out my insurance policy.
This way, I do not need to worry about any more medical liability.

Yes, I remember reading in another thread that you were assaulted. That is really horrible. I was mugged once but I didn't get hurt. I can't imagine what that would be like. I would feel so violated and I'm sure you do, too. Maybe this is part of the anxiety you're feeling.

Latest posts

Back