quotes...sayings....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ That's a good one, Lady. I like it. Good to remember when I feel like I don't have the power to make myself into who I want to be.

Anyway, I came across this quote in a movie I was watching the other day, and I knew I liked it immediately:

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

- Ernest Hemingway

^Yeah, I think so too. It's a good reminder really for ourselves.

2a0m6fq.jpg

TheLorax.png

Read 'The Lorax' again because my sister made a small fuzzy creature out of wool that reminded me of the good doctor's illustrations. You can never be too old for his books or to be reminded of the morals that he gets across in his wonderful way.

Everything comes to those who wait....... Wrong!

Time heals all wounds..........Wrong!

No Person is an island.........Wrong!

Fortune favours the bold.........Wrong!

Wishes do come true........Wrong!

Hope for the best,prepare for the worst.........True!

You can't always get what you wish for........True!

All good thing's must come to an end......True!

Familiarity breeds contempt......... True!

Honesty is the best policy...........?

I found this quote while reading about cars on wikipedia, but when I read it, I realized that you could apply it to health, creativity, dating, looking for work, or anything really.

I took the car words out and paraphrased it to be more applicable to anything:

"What I need to do is improve myself gradually. Then, before I know it, I will have become a worthwhile person, and others will think so too. If I work hard to improve myself, I won't be bothered by whatever anyone else is doing. If all I do is worry about other people, I will definitely not get to where I want to go."

- paraphrased from Yutaka Katayama

Latest posts

Back