R.I.P (Common Sense)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bluey

An Obituary printed in the London Times........
Interesting and sadly rather true.

'Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old
friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many
Years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since
his birth records were long ago lost in
bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as
Having cultivated such valuable lessons as:

Knowing when to come in out of the rain; Why the
early bird gets the worm; Life isn't always fair;
and Maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial
policies (don't spend more than you can earn) and
reliable strategies (adults, not children, are in
charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when
political correctness became the, “in thing”, and the
well-intentioned but overbearing, “Human Rights laws”
were set in place.

Reports of a 6-year-old boy charged
With sexual harassment for kissing a classmate;
Teens suspended from school for using mouthwash
after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding
an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked
teachers for doing the job that they themselves had
failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.

It declined even further when schools were required
to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or
an aspirin to a student; but could not inform
Parents when a student became pregnant and wanted
to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the churches
became businesses; and criminals received better
treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a
beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a
burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue
you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live,
after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup
of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap,
and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents
Truth and Trust, his wife Discretion, his daughter
Responsibility and his son, Reason

He is survived by his 4 stepbrothers;

I Know My Rights

I Want It Now

Someone Else Is To Blame

I'm A Victim

Not many attended his funeral because so few
realized he was gone. If you still remember him,
pass this on. If not, join the majority and do
Nothing.

Funny, but I am not so sure I agree with it.

It's only true in some cases.

I agree with this completely. Thanks for posting this, Bluey. I wish everyone on Earth could read it...

Quite true for the majority of today's world.

Not many seem to have common sense anymore...this could be a reason why. ;)

POINT BY POINT

With sexual harassment for kissing a classmate - NOTICE IT DOESN'T SAY "WITH HER CONSENT"

after lunch; - MOUTHWASH CAN BE ABUSED LIKE A SOLVENT

and a teacher fired for reprimanding
an unruly student, only worsened his condition. - NOTICE IT SAYS "CONDITION" WITHOUT MENTIONING WHAT IT WAS

failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. - OFTEN, BY UPPING THE AMOUNT OF EXPULSIONS TO MEET GOVT STANDARDS ...

an aspirin to a student - BECAUSE OF ALLERGIES

but could not inform
to have an abortion. - BECAUSE OF THEIR ******* HUMAN RIGHTS

became businesses; - HAVE BEEN FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS

and criminals received better
treatment than their victims. - UNLESS WE ADOPT A SYSTEM OF EXTREME TORTURE AND DEATH PENALTIES ...

Common Sense took a
you for assault. - THIS IS AN URBAN MYTH AND HAS BEEN DISPROVEN.

and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. - THE ACTUAL CASE, LIEBECK VS. MCDONALDS, INVOLVED SEVERAL SKIN GRAFTS. LESS SEVERE CASES HAVE BEEN LAUGHED OUT OF COURT

crescendo.daNiente said:
Katia said:
Darkwall, do you just like to argue?

He has a point in the last two.

The rest, bullocks.

You have a point.

If you have to get skin grafts from spilling a hot drink on yourself then it was way too hot to drink in the first place and would have scalded your mouth.

darkwall said:
POINT BY POINT

With sexual harassment for kissing a classmate - NOTICE IT DOESN'T SAY "WITH HER CONSENT"

after lunch; - MOUTHWASH CAN BE ABUSED LIKE A SOLVENT

and a teacher fired for reprimanding
an unruly student, only worsened his condition. - NOTICE IT SAYS "CONDITION" WITHOUT MENTIONING WHAT IT WAS

failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. - OFTEN, BY UPPING THE AMOUNT OF EXPULSIONS TO MEET GOVT STANDARDS ...

an aspirin to a student - BECAUSE OF ALLERGIES

but could not inform
to have an abortion. - BECAUSE OF THEIR ******* HUMAN RIGHTS

became businesses; - HAVE BEEN FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS

and criminals received better
treatment than their victims. - UNLESS WE ADOPT A SYSTEM OF EXTREME TORTURE AND DEATH PENALTIES ...

Common Sense took a
you for assault. - THIS IS AN URBAN MYTH AND HAS BEEN DISPROVEN.

and was promptly awarded a huge settlement. - THE ACTUAL CASE, LIEBECK VS. MCDONALDS, INVOLVED SEVERAL SKIN GRAFTS. LESS SEVERE CASES HAVE BEEN LAUGHED OUT OF COURT

I hate to say it, but I actually agree with all the points that Darkwall made >_>

except criminals do deserve better treatment than the currently get.

they have issues and need help.. in my opinion.

jales said:
except criminals do deserve better treatment than the currently get.

they have issues and need help.. in my opinion.

No they don't, we should bring back the stocks, i'd definately go see some chav be pelted with rotten food.

I also think the death penalty should be brought back here in the Uk for serious criminals such as paedophiles, child abusers, mass murderers, rapists where there is indisputable evidence that they committed those crimes. I'm tired of seeing these scummy crooks just get a slap on the wrist and then let back out to repeat their crimes after only serving half their sentences.

haha too funny. Every generation talks honeysuckle like this. I bet when sliced bread was invented people were saying "Civilisation is going down hill, we can't even be bothered to slice our bread anymore!" or "well in my day.....". Another good one is when old people say how much more respect they showed for others and how they were polite..................but not to muslims, africans and anyone else who wasn't walking around draped in a union jack cape and mask. Next week it will be communities turn to die and be mourned. Who wants to know their neighbours anyway?

You can put your house(which given this current econmoic climate isn't much to lose) on that fact this article was written by an elderly, wealthy women who needs the cobwebs dusted from her vigina.

@ Stella:

The death penalty is a vile thing, and should never be let back in. What, so Chris Langham should be put to death for looking at a photograph? He served his time, and it was the appropriate sentence. I love how the conservatives in this country think jail is a slap on the wrists: for anyone behind bars, particularly a paedophile, it is a living hell.

It is ridiculous to say that rapists should get the death penalty. Apart from the fact that rape is the hardest to substantiate of almost every serious crime, it is illogical to say that someone who forcibly has sex with someone deserves to die. The punishment should fit the crime, not the force of your feelings about it. Even mass murderers - if we kill them, we're descending to their level.

The stocks were barbaric. The death penalty is indefensible. You might say that not killing someone amounts to a slap on the wrist, but what it does mean is that at least we're always on the right side. Criminals are humans, and humans have the capacity to learn from their mistakes - it might sound unbelievable to you, but a lot of murderers and rapists do join the church and spend the rest of their lives regretting their actions. To deny them the right to change is to undermine the rights that we ourselves live by.

@ crescendo: here is why my points were not "bollocks".
1. Firstly, a six year old cannot commit a crime, so the wording is false. If he got suspended, it was for putting someone else in distress.*
2. Mouthwash in the UK contains highly concentrated alcohol. So yes, it is suspicious they were taking it into school.
3. It is entirely possible that the "condition" was a special need.*
4. My mum's a school teacher, and getting rid of problem children en masse to satisfy Ofsted happens all the time.
5. Again, this is an allergy-related issue. Mum. School teacher. Satisfied?
6. If they couldn't go to the doctor without their mum finding out about it, many would have dangerous abortions. Human right.
7. Check a history book. Henry VIII, son.
8. I've already gone over this one.

* = I'm not SAYING this is what happened. I'm just saying that judging by how much 9 and 10, two real-life incidents were distorted, it is more than likely that the same thing happened here, especially considering their hysterical wording.

The reason I replied to this is because there is no PC Brigade in the UK, just the "anti-PC brigade" who run around stretching facts to try and justify their biases. What's wrong with calling old women "lovey" and selling Gollywog dolls? Because such things are an insult to human dignity - if in trying to protect this people occasionally go overboard, it is better to err on that side than to go round hitting children and travelling in horrible smoke-filled train carriages like the days before "PC" came along.

I'm not for the death penalty, but it wouldn't be my problem or neither would i care if it was brought back. Some people deserve to be killed for their crimes, like the ones Stella mentioned, then the world would be a better and safer place. If not, then at least keep them locked up for life, letting them out so they repeat (or even have a chance to repeat) their disgusting crime's is just plain wrong.

I think that common sense died the day they started putting warning labels on plastic bags telling you not to put them over your head.
Anyone dumb enough to do this and die from it deserves to die.
If it's a child too young to know better, someone should be looking out for them.
Life is harsh, but it should be harsher. We don't need labels on buckets telling you not to leave them half full of water where a todler can fall in and drown, we need population reduction before we overpopulate and choke ourselves out.
Darwin would be stabbing his eyes out if he saw how many of the unfit are staying in the gene pool.
I'm not saying we should go around killing the unfit, all I'm saying is, survival of the fittest. And if the fittest isn't me, so be it. There's way too many people on this planet anyway.

darkwall said:
@ crescendo: here is why my points were not "bollocks".
1. Firstly, a six year old cannot commit a crime, so the wording is false. If he got suspended, it was for putting someone else in distress.*
But to had suspended a kid for that you don't think was a bit OTT?

2. Mouthwash in the UK contains highly concentrated alcohol. So yes, it is suspicious they were taking it into school.

I live in the UK and I use moth wash regally. It dose not contain enough alcohol to have an effect on anyone. Not even me and am not able to handle my drink very well at all.

3. It is entirely possible that the "condition" was a special need.*

Agreed on that one

4. My mum's a school teacher, and getting rid of problem children en masse to satisfy Ofsted happens all the time.

True it dose. It dose not make it any moor right though.

5. Again, this is an allergy-related issue. Mum. School teacher. Satisfied?

Actually this was referring to the risk that a teacher or dinner lady might sexually assault a kid why putting the sun cream on. And even if that dose happen or the kid might have an allergy are you saying that we should let all kids get burnt by the sun cos of a few weird causers? Cos over here that's what now happens. If I had a kid at school I would wont someone making sure he/she was not getting burned.

6. If they couldn't go to the doctor without their mum finding out about it, many would have dangerous abortions. Human right.

True but its to one extreme to the other. Where is the middle ground and common sense there?

Anyway I think you made to much of a big deal with this thread and was just looking to vent out on something. I do acctroly think the world lacks common sense like the lady who burnt her self with the hot coffee. Doesn't matter how badly she got burnt. She should not be allowed to claim compensation for what was just an accident and it certainly was not mcdonalds fault. No matter how hot it was. It wasn't like a member of staff frown it over her.

Like the parent that makes a claim cos there kid fall of a the see-sew and grassed there knee. what happend to kissing it better and then sending the kid on there way again to do the same thing again in tell the kid learns? But no know that's an excuse to make moor money now. whats that teaching the kid?

Latest posts

Back