Racists rant: Makes me ashamed to be British.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ian Haines said:
What exactly does "white trash" mean? I've heard it in movies - GOD BLESS THE MOVIE INDUSTRY - but, I've never really understood what it means!

It's a stereotype of white people who are poor.

How can a proper immigrant "steal" a job if they are exerting their own labour to earn an incentive? The majority of immigrants either start their own businesses or fill in the crummy low-paying jobs that nobody wants, at least here in the U.S. they do. Others will climb the ladder of a proficient education and take on a distinguished career in their new country. There is no excuse to blame immigration for the loss of jobs, that is another story.

Callie said:
I'm white trash, apparently (D)

You can’t be, you spelt that perfectly. I’d debate on the use of that comma but unless you’re wearing denim shorts and pigtails (one can hope) I’d say you’re good to go :D

Lost Drifter said:
Callie said:
I'm white trash, apparently (D)

You can’t be, you spelt that perfectly. I’d debate on the use of that comma but unless you’re wearing denim shorts and pigtails (one can hope) I’d say you’re good to go :D

The comma is correct. :p

But, I've been called "white trash" by a few people. Therefore, it MUST be true.

Callie said:

But, I've been called "white trash" by a few people. Therefore, it MUST be true.

The comma wasn’t required, only white trash would use a comma there...oh...I see. :p

Lost Drifter said:
Callie said:

The comma wasn’t required, only white trash would use a comma there...oh...I see. :p

LOL
Actually, it can be done either way. I prefer the comma.

"Nature got it wrong?"

Sigh. Both inbreeding and exbreeding tendencies served their purposes at a time, and racism is essentially a silly reflex toward "the other." The notion of immigrants somehow 'sucking dry' a country is cute, but vastly ignores the fact that they often form the technical and scientific backbone of quite a few Western nations, thus the proverbial brain drain from third world nations.

Its not very complicated. Immigration policies have their place, of course, and one may validly dispute whether they are letting in the right people, but flat out ethnocentricism or nationalism doesn't - nationalism is plainly even sillier, what the hell is a nation but an defined construct with no real innate meaning: there's a reason why the modern state was so late in development, because allegiance to King Tobi and Queen Kira was a lot more immediately meaningful than allegiance to the Great State of FooFoo.

But, of course, blame the other if you will. Ignore the ridiculously vast genetic similarities. Adhere dogmatically to ideals, and entirely ignore objective science. Its pretty immediately gratifying, and if anything about humanity is to be said, immediate gratification is the sole pursuit of the vast majority. Thinking certainly isn't.

She is hot and has such a mouth.... Love the accent. Anyway.

Ian Haines said:
What exactly does "white trash" mean? I've heard it in movies - GOD BLESS THE MOVIE INDUSTRY - but, I've never really understood what it means!

It is a derogatory term towards whites who are poor and/or dumb. Simular to "Trailer Trash", cracker, there are others I dunno off the top of my head. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_trash

IgnoredOne said:

Isn't that the truth of everything wrong with american media and hollywood.

All love is an attainment to live for. Here in America, we have counterparts to your parts of the gov that aren't nice either. .....kind of like Margret Thatcher who teamed up with Ronald Reagan...like attracts like. It's the people of the government doing the most harm to people. Well, not sure, we who are not in the government who aren't making them accountable need to do more to make that happen to, they work for us, we pay their salaries.......It all really belongs to God, we are just here as a gift from the creator.....

CAS said:

How can somebody be this awful?

Seen this already, it's disgusting. But I can't be arsed to go into what I think other than I personally don't give a flying if someone is racist or whatever just keep that honeysuckle to yourself plain and simp. Can't expect everyone to be tolerant and neither would I but those things don't apply to strung out crack whores like this individual.

And I definately feel sorry for that kid. We can only hope he grows up NOT to be like her.

And kudos to that other woman who turns on her near the end. Good show, love.

JesusGirl1 said:
All love is an attainment to live for. Here in America, we have counterparts to your parts of the gov that aren't nice either. .....kind of like Margret Thatcher who teamed up with Ronald Reagan...like attracts like. It's the people of the government doing the most harm to people. Well, not sure, we who are not in the government who aren't making them accountable need to do more to make that happen to, they work for us, we pay their salaries.......It all really belongs to God, we are just here as a gift from the creator.....

Not everyone believes in God, stop forcing it on people :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back