Rejected due to social status?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Replicated Man

Reaction score
Anyone ever found themselves in this situation? Without getting too much into the painfully embarrassing details, I know of a girl who likes me, finds me attractive... but not enough to risk the blow to her popularity, apparently.

That grand societal hierarchy. It will get to you. When you think you've got something good going, there it is. Should've played the game.

I guess you could say "well who wants to be with someone that shallow", and that's a valid question. But while my mind says that I should just forget about her, my chemistry says she's a real loss.

When someone is more concerned about their "popularity" (which is hilarious because popularity means NOTHING in the real world) then yeah they are not worth your time and effort. Leave it as it is, who knows maybe she'll realize that status doesn't matter but don't hold out for her.

It happened to me while I was in school. We had a major change in classes in year 12. Whole new influx of pupils and a bunch left. A new girl called Lauren met me in biology and was really into me. I thought she was pretty cool. We got on well for about a week or two. She eventually told me to leave her alone because I was potentially bringing down her own popularity. She later went on to date one of the football or rugby team losers. (One of the ones who basically has that sport... they're not good enough to play professionally... and their academic grades suck... so why they think they're the dogs balls always been beyond me.)

In all fairness, it is her loss. She's demonstrating how shallow she is... therefore she is no loss to you whatsoever.

I've always been that one girl who everyone points at. I was pretty popular at school, and I was noticed more negatively than positively thats why, I guess, not many people approached me. I didn't care tho. If someone fears for their reputation because they're with me, I wouldnt want to be near them as well. SImple as that. I was still lucky that I had 2 or 3 faithful friends.

Where is this? High school?

Adults don't care about this kind of thing, and if they are, they're losers.

Pfft, this person isn't worth bothering with. If you want you can tell her to get back to you when she grows up and isn't as shallow.

She's a waste of time, one day she will look back and wonder what she was thinking.

My dad use to make me so mad in high school, because I would like a guy and want to date him, and dad would say no because he wasn't in the same social status as me. I didn't listen to him once, and it was awful because my family would not accept him.

I wish people would not look at class, because that can change sometimes.

No doubt. It's just high school and it's almost over. But at the moment, it still sucks. We would've made a good match were it not for...that.

Ah...!!! One of those "my friends are better than yours" type of person... Yup... You're better off without her... I've been in few of those situations... Well, may be not exactly... I won't get into any details but lets just say I understand...

Rejected due to social status? What the crap, are we living in Victorian times again or something?

She's the one missing out and she's only got herself to blame. I hope for your sake she comes around, but she's shown that you are more than she deserves.

In the real world popularity gets replaced by other indicators, like what you do for a living, your interests, how well read or "creative" you are.

Latest posts

Back