Seeking input on extraversion project

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pheenix

Reaction score
Hey guys. My social life is bettering at a hefty pace, and I have long known that people like me a lot more than I admit to myself and act through. For one thing, I know a girl who has a hefty crush on me that I am not really admitting to myself. I have also come to see that normal social etiquette is actually built up around the fear and shyness that a lot of people have, and that being a bit outside the curve in terms of being forward is okay if you have good intentions. So I have a plan to start becoming really outgoing, to the point of being very vulnerable and definitely not passing off as "cool" through standard definitions. I am 19 years old, so that is the age group the socializing will be going on in.

I wish to ask you about two areas: "warmth" and "fun." I want your opinions on how far you would personally enjoy a potential friend to go with you. I am not asking for what is normal but what would be pleasant, even if special.

"Warmth" - How personal questions I ask people. How obvious I make it that I want to help people. How much I hug or smile to people. How early I start trying to comfort people who are sad.
Example of warmth taken to the extreme: I sit down next to someone I met only some days ago, hug them, and ask them what they are doing, with my body pretty firmly in their personal space.
Example of very low warmth: When I only just met someone, I sit down next to them and await passively for a conversation to pop up.
So how forward would you like your new / potential friends to be with you? How much personal space do you need?

"Fun" - How big projects I invite people to. How much time and energy I expect others to spend having fun with me and more people on a daily basis. How special events I expect to do with people when we are bored.
Example of fun taken to the extreme: I am bored, so I start up a hobby project, like a fundraiser or something, and ask who wants to join.
Example of a very low fun: I am bored, so I invite people to watch TV with me.
So, how ambitious events would you want your friends to invite you to on a daily basis? Do you sit and chill in your room until you plan something major, or would it be cool to go out and do stuff all the time?

Remember, I am asking you what you would prefer in a perfect world, not what you are used to or what is normal.

Definitely low warmth with a new friend. People like their personal space and it can push them away when you suddenly invade it. After you get to know each other more it can be turned up a bit. As long as I am comfortable around someone I don't mind extreme warmth, it's nice.

Fun is fun to me as long as it isn't forced upon you.

So for you, what is the "after you get to know each other better" process? Where and when does this happen?

Warmth-if I only knew you very slightly I would be happy for you to start a conversation with me, but I wouldn't want the physical contact or your sitting too closely.
Fun-if you made a general suggestion about a fundraiser or whatever, I might be interested, but would not want to feel pressurised into it.

Latest posts

Back