Self Improvement

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been obsessing more and more over how I look vs how I want to look. I don't dislike how I look as much as I used to, but I'm never going to accomplish the goals I've set for myself if I never start them.
I think it's about time I start.

I'm still hesitant to take any kind of self-improvement seriously and stick with things, because I feel like I either won't be able to improve due to a lack of genetics/talent or being outside the critical learning period. Or even if I do improve, it won't make any difference and women I like will still see me and think "loser", no matter how good I get at something, how much of a personality I try to cultivate, how "together" I get myself, how ambitious I am, how much I work out, how much money I have, none of it. Because I'm afraid I'm just someone that things don't want to work out for.

If I can't get anywhere and it doesn't matter what I do, then I might as well not bother trying to improve. I'd just be tiring myself out.

I'm still very angry and still feel very powerless, and I don't feel confident because of this feeling of lacking power, due to feeling that I lack talent or dumb luck. I'm afraid that no matter what I do or how hard I try I'll always be insufficient.

It sounds to me like you are way too worried about what other people think of you. You need to work on YOURSELF and how you view yourself.
Work on your self esteem, get a job, get a place of your own. When you do those things, you will feel like you have more power.

Latest posts

Back