Self mutilation

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from what I understood, endorphins run through your head when you cut yourself as a response to the physical pain that is being inflicted. that would explain why people get addicted to cutting, it's kind of an antidepressant or a drug that gives you a temporary high

eris said:
Self mutilation is a very huge part of Borderline Personality Disorder. It is so much so that i'm willing to bet that most people that have it do it. I have BPD and had strange urges to burn myself when I am upset, or even if I'm not. I would snuff cigarettes out on myself and I have some scars that are from like 15 years ago that haven't gone away. Age helps with personality disorders so if youre under 20 it can be really really bad ( usually mental illnesses are degenerative, but personality disorders arent chemical) and I don't do it anymore

If it's really a cry for help you may have depression or anxiety...but if you have URGES to do it I bet its BPD.

Read this, it'll tell you more about BPD so maybe you can see if you have other symptoms.

http://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.com/FAQ.shtml

I am LOL'n so hard, the Goddess of chaos unregistered talking about Borderline Personality Disorder. HAIL ERIS! ALL HAIL DISCORDIA! By the way Eris when you abbreviate DSM IV diagnosis BPD can also mean Bipolar Disease. You wouldn't want to confuse anyone.

Latest posts

Back