Selfish to have children?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mrsme said:
This is something i have been thinking about for quite a while now and i have come to a conclusion that it is incredibly selfish to have children, first off there is no absolute guarantee that your child will grow up to be happy and find their place in this world so why put them in it?

Why am i here?, So my parents could have something to do? For my brother? Just WHY! I wanna know why i am in this awful world, my life for the past six years have been so awful and hard, I've been depressed on and off, lost all of my friends, gain weight, and no help.. ok sure doctors come and go and they try but nothing nothing no medicine no nothing to give me any peace or feelings of belonging.

I really think people who have kids don't think about them growing up, how awful it can be and my parents just seem so sick of me and in the end it's all their fault that i am even here, You know?

mrsme said:
This is something i have been thinking about for quite a while now and i have come to a conclusion that it is incredibly selfish to have children, first off there is no absolute guarantee that your child will grow up to be happy and find their place in this world so why put them in it?

Why am i here?, So my parents could have something to do? For my brother? Just WHY! I wanna know why i am in this awful world, my life for the past six years have been so awful and hard, I've been depressed on and off, lost all of my friends, gain weight, and no help.. ok sure doctors come and go and they try but nothing nothing no medicine no nothing to give me any peace or feelings of belonging.

I really think people who have kids don't think about them growing up, how awful it can be and my parents just seem so sick of me and in the end it's all their fault that i am even here, You know?

well i think its unfair to blame people for having children cus thats what we have been created for it goes with our natural instincts. Blame the creator i think

There is no real right or wrong answer to this one. Having kids is part of being human.

In your particular case I don't think that your parents were selfish. They wanted to give your brother a companion.

Now if they had you as an excuse to fix their already failed relationship. Then that is one thing.

At least your parents wanted you on some degree. My mom went around ******* guys bareback saying "If I get pregnant I get pregnant".

I'm not going to have children

Is it selfish to? Not to?

Well having children is necessary for the continuation of our species. If there weren't enough people on the planet I would probably reconsider. However I have many reasons not to want to have children. I don't think either way is considered selfish. Everyone should do what they want and a child that is wanted by the parents may have an advantage, a child that is unwanted may have more problems.

I personally think the number one reason not to have kids today is that the future looks disturbing. Alot of very rational scientists are very concerned about the next few decades. Alot of it is centered on the fact that oil will run out, but also simply looking at the growth curve of the earths population. It can not go up exponentially forever. The higher the population the more chances bacteria and viruses have to mutate into the perfect characteristics for a black death like epidemic. Nature naturally has population controls for all life. So far we have been pretty lucky.

We are in the middle of a mass extinction of species. Amphibians are dieing off to the point where some question if there will be any from the class in just a few decades. Honeybee's are having problems all around the world. The list goes on and on with some of the very serious problems humans are causing. More population and less resources.

Not that I am myself scared, but it wouldn't be fair to bring a kid into the world and them have to go through what is probably going to happen. Unlike fiction that tends to have happy endings. Life does not always have a happy ending.

I wish I could find some solid evidence in regards to these underground cities I have heard rumors of being built around the world. One is supposed to be in Colorado into the side of some mountain. That is all I know. I have heard it enough times over the years that there is probably a grain of truth to it. Seems to be they are using military personnel to build it since it is a rumor that I can only recall hearing from soldiers.

Oh....Ive heard my daughter say...
We should had just aborder her instead of giving her up for adoption.

messed up. irresponsible. selffish. self centered parents we are.

She dose what she dose in complete defiance. The hatred, anger and hurt
she carried all her life. As if to say to the world and mostly to us...
Look at me.... you fuickers....fresia you!!!

Latest posts

Back