sharing about facebook

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonin151

Reaction score
so here it goes my first thread, ive been like this since that social media site came out the facebook
i really feel insecure whenever i post status or whats on my mind and uploading new pictures(which i never do)
because i know that noone will comment or like out of my 700 friends including my schoolmates, classmates ,family ,and strangers, and it will show or reveal that im a loner and not popular, though
i may not be the most popular kid in school i still have a few friends way back in highschool. But i have a bad reputation on them for being
shy and quiet and always made fun of i am a result of bullying physicaly and verbally, but everything changed when i left highschool i became confident in college
and life was great until depression came in and torn everything apart but that is another story now going back

i really feel weird whenever my friends gets a tons of likes and comments, and i keep looking who are the people they connect with i feel like a stalker whats wrong with me? and i fear rejection too much and i always do fortune telling faulty that something is going bad to happen if i tell him/her or comment to someone something could go wrong.

Delete your FB account and not bother with it, if you want to chat with someone just use Skype or something.

I know what you mean, seems like now the popularity contest carries on into adulthood... My solution is to use it as little as possible and never update or upload anything.

Try not to look around much, what's the point? You're not even gonna get to know the person by doing that, cus that's just the way they wanna present themselves to the world. A facade.

9006 Away
www.alonelylife.com

RE: sharing about facebook
Delete your FB account and not bother with it, if you want to chat with someone just use Skype or something.

facebook is very popular here in our country everyone has it, i don't know something is stopping me i don't know what
maybe hope? or something else or maybe social aproval
how stupid that sounds

Felix said:
I know what you mean, seems like now the popularity contest carries on into adulthood...

That defines Facebook, in fact that should be their slogan.

41.jpg

bonin151 said:
facebook is very popular here in our country everyone has it, i don't know something is stopping me i don't know what
maybe hope?

It's popular everywhere, but does that make you obligated to use it?

9006 said:
It's popular everywhere, but does that make you obligated to use it?
edited :
its because if you say you dont have facebook... its like they would say in our country ahhh
where you from are you from province?? are you even computer literate??

i guess ill go with felix's solution for now.

bonin151 said:
its because if you say you dont have facebook... its like ahhh
where you from are you from province?? are you even computer literate??

i guess ill go with felix's solution for now.

So you think I'm not computer literate because I'm not a fan of Facebook? What's FB doing to the younger generation? Is this what's called 'Facebook logic', haha.

nonono, thats not what i mean, its just in our country and also its just my perspective to my self, i dont know if thats what others think if you dont have.

you shouldn't get upset over Facebook. You either like it and use or delete it.

I do not have a Facebook account/profile. I know people who do and it seems like a junior high popularity contest, this is why I don't get involved. I know people who only use it as a brag book. People put up a front and only present what they want others to see. Perhaps being an older person (40) is another reason it doesn't attract me. My husband has also chosen not to have Facebook and we know alotnof people who are like us and don't use it, but again they are our age or older.

It's kind of sad what Facebook has become.. Like Felix said, it feels like a popularity contest. It's completely okey to feel that way, Facebook kind of pushes introvert people into corner all alone with shame and insecurity feelings. Because it's all of that ''like this, like that, comment this or comment that''. FB is not a bad place but maybe it's not for you.

I started using it mainly for work contacts, then it just grew to include faraway friends, but I guess it works for me because I accept only people who I have had a good conversation with, no strangers and family has their own separate group, but every post I make has to be thought for my "audience", it's not that it is not sincere but it's definitely not very intimate. I think the popularity context effect is less strong for older people, and I am one of them. With my contacts it's more about sharing news or cool links. If you don't expect any real support, facebook can be ok. But, no, you are not obligated to use it, there is still plenty of people who don't use it.

I use Facebook only to keep in touch with childhood friends, see what they've been up to, and maybe share family photos with relatives I don't see very often. Other than that, I don't use it very much.

People need to be very careful what they post on Facebook. I don't get people who post every single thing they do. You'll have someone who posts that they're about to go out to the store. Ok..why not just put the welcome mat at your front door letting everyone, including people with less than honorable character, know that you're not home. You never know who could be reading that.

I do have facebook, so do others whom I know. However, I haven't put ANY pictures of myself on FB, only my younger sister did, and I got tagged in a school photo. And why? Exactly. Every time I post something, I do have few people who 'like' my status, for what it's worth really, but I just don't have those unfinished urges, which seems other people have, to post stuff on facebook 24/7

It depends on why you're on Facebook to begin with. As a substitute for real-world interaction, it's horrible. People who place too much emotional stock in it (or other social media) are the ones who update their page constantly & are hooked on getting the most 'likes'. Those who use it as a tool for networking in business, or for a profession, can usually avoid the worst aspects of Facebook. I started an account there because I wanted exposure for my art. My portfolio is there. Since then I have made a few acquaintances there (I don't call them "friends"), but I keep them at a distance. It can be beneficial to deactivate your account every so often for a few days, just to keep Facebook in perspective.

I think I said somewhere in another thread that I use Facebook more to stalk on people.
emoticon-0130-devil.gif

bonin151 said:
so here it goes my first thread, ive been like this since that social media site came out the facebook
i really feel insecure whenever i post status or whats on my mind and uploading new pictures(which i never do)
because i know that noone will comment or like out of my 700 friends including my schoolmates, classmates ,family ,and strangers, and it will show or reveal that im a loner and not popular, though
i may not be the most popular kid in school i still have a few friends way back in highschool. But i have a bad reputation on them for being
shy and quiet and always made fun of i am a result of bullying physicaly and verbally, but everything changed when i left highschool i became confident in college
and life was great until depression came in and torn everything apart but that is another story now going back

i really feel weird whenever my friends gets a tons of likes and comments, and i keep looking who are the people they connect with i feel like a stalker whats wrong with me? and i fear rejection too much and i always do fortune telling faulty that something is going bad to happen if i tell him/her or comment to someone something could go wrong.

Delete your Facebook account.

Problem solved.

Latest posts

Back