So I realized the Source

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mishkabunny

Reaction score
It's definitely not the only source, but a big factor that stops me from approaching people/speaking my mind/anything of the sort.

It's the fact that I am so often ignored by people. Have you ever sent a private message/text message to someone, or even spoken directly to someone and they totally do not acknowledge anything you said.

It happens to me all the time! It's always a one on one conversation, and it's not that I didn't speak loudly enough. It's as if I said something so very out there and offensive that they cannot even dignify my words with a response. And I can't move on from this deliberate admission. My inquisitive nature forces me to inquire why on earth they ignored me.

It's why I don't talk to people. What on earth is the reason to speak if you are only going to be ignored? I'd rather just save my dignity and keep to myself. The only other option I can think of is to learn to become another person, a more socially acceptable person.

Does anyone ever suffer from this?

Hi-
I've been ignored too. Maybe the person is simply busy, maybe they just don't want to talk to you. It stings if it's someone I care about or want to talk to. But it doesn't mean there's something wrong or defective with you. If someone repeatedly ignores you, there's always someone else out there that will listen to you.

Teresa

Mishkabunny said:
It's definitely not the only source, but a big factor that stops me from approaching people/speaking my mind/anything of the sort.

It's the fact that I am so often ignored by people. Have you ever sent a private message/text message to someone, or even spoken directly to someone and they totally do not acknowledge anything you said.

It happens to me all the time! It's always a one on one conversation, and it's not that I didn't speak loudly enough. It's as if I said something so very out there and offensive that they cannot even dignify my words with a response. And I can't move on from this deliberate admission. My inquisitive nature forces me to inquire why on earth they ignored me.

It's why I don't talk to people. What on earth is the reason to speak if you are only going to be ignored? I'd rather just save my dignity and keep to myself. The only other option I can think of is to learn to become another person, a more socially acceptable person.

Does anyone ever suffer from this?

It sucks to be ignored, but eventually you realize that it happens hell of a lot unless you have something to offer or another. People just have short attention spans and until you find a way that essentially connects with what their specific goals at the moment might be, they will be likely to ignore you in some fashion or another.

Don't take it too personally. Focus on the people who do care for you, and who don't ignore you; there will always be those who do.

fresia my dignity....sometimes I'll just text them...

fresia you bitches :p

Then I'll get a response of LMAO or wat up???...in return

Then I'll just react with...."I'm calling you a fucken *****."lol

Then a text in return of " how ya feeling?"

Then I'll say.."much better now..after I called you a fucken *****"lol

Then a text in return " K...*******, we still love you."
"bwt how ur ******* crzy woman???"

me " she's being a fucken ***** just like u"

I get ignored everywhere aswell. Almost a dozen times in a row from one certain site. I even made another account and sent myself a message to make sure I was receiving them, and I was. It sucks so **** much. It's worse when it's a person like you, you relate so **** much, yet they look at your profile(site says they did), and you get nothing from them after that. I'm so close to just giving up.

I guess some people aren't big on making connections with new people. Also, I realized a lot of people try to stay away from people a lot like themselves. I used to think that if I were similar to someone, I would easily become good friends with them. What I've found is that a lot of people like people who have very different personalities from them, to bring a new dynamic to the relationship.

I get ignored tons too, and it only ever seems to be me. It's like I have this superhuman ability to almost always unintentionally kill a conversation. whether i'm saying something that makes sense or not it doesn't discriminate against the nature of my conversation, it kills it.
I can hardly ever have real conversations unless i'm online.

Goodness, I am much the same way. For some reason, I can only maintain a conversation about movies, books, or animals, though it's not as if these are the only things I'd ever want to talk about. Thankfully we have the internet :)

If you are socially awkward, perhaps you are focusing too much on blurting out what you want to, when you went to, and not being receptive enough if it is a good time to occupy someone else's attention.

Latest posts

Back