So lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P.k.

Reaction score
So I have had a membership on here for a while but haven’t commented too much. Maybe I should start posting cause I’m so lonely. I’m a 50 year old man that is married (unhappily) and have three grown kids yet I feel so lonely. My wife doesn’t even stay in the same end of the house as me. The kids are old enough to get out and do their own things. I don’t have any friends anymore. My wife actually seems bitter at me because after working for 33 years I am now on disability because of neuropathy in my feet. She works now to make ends meet and seems bitter that she has to. She barely worked for the 22 year’s we’ve been together so in essence we’ve switched roles. So with no friends and a wife that seems bitter all the time I feel so all alone. I was just wondering if anyone else feels the same way on this forum and how do you handle it?

I’m in a similar situation except there’s no bitterness between us. I just live day to day, keep occupied best I can. I expect we’ll be selling our house next year and going separate ways. Have you spoken to her about how you feel, what she is expecting to happen, what she wants? I just told my wife that we should just keep being amicable and see what happens once my youngest leaves home. Financially it will be very difficult if we sell up. I don’t know what the answer is. I play the lottery just in case.

Hello there. I'm also married with grown kids. I was an active member here before some years ago and managed to climb (claw) my way up to an ok-ness, but I have tumbled back down again. I already tend toward depression, but now I am dealing with some kind of greater depression which I guess is post-viral (first flu then COVID right after that). I am pretty isolated though I don't want to be. My partner and I are trying to work out our differences since I can't take the stress of his anger and frustration. I think we're slowly making progress.

What I'm doing is listening to interesting audiobooks, listening to lectures on the internet, and I've joined some online peer support groups. I wish there were more online groups though. I'd gladly attend one every day if I could find it. Anything to give me something new to think about.

I don't know if you can do this, but I am trying to go to meetups. There are very few in my area or anywhere near me, but I did find one which I'll go to for the first time next week.

Hello there. I'm also married with grown kids. I was an active member here before some years ago and managed to climb (claw) my way up to an ok-ness, but I have tumbled back down again. I already tend toward depression, but now I am dealing with some kind of greater depression which I guess is post-viral (first flu then COVID right after that). I am pretty isolated though I don't want to be. My partner and I are trying to work out our differences since I can't take the stress of his anger and frustration. I think we're slowly making progress.

What I'm doing is listening to interesting audiobooks, listening to lectures on the internet, and I've joined some online peer support groups. I wish there were more online groups though. I'd gladly attend one every day if I could find it. Anything to give me something new to think about.

I don't know if you can do this, but I am trying to go to meetups. There are very few in my area or anywhere near me, but I did find one which I'll go to for the first time next week.

Hey there, just saying I remember you from before.

Hello again 👋
But sorry to hear you've been having difficulties.
I think a lot of us have, in some way shape or form, these last few years especially.

So I have had a membership on here for a while but haven’t commented too much. Maybe I should start posting cause I’m so lonely. I’m a 50 year old man that is married (unhappily) and have three grown kids yet I feel so lonely. My wife doesn’t even stay in the same end of the house as me. The kids are old enough to get out and do their own things. I don’t have any friends anymore. My wife actually seems bitter at me because after working for 33 years I am now on disability because of neuropathy in my feet. She works now to make ends meet and seems bitter that she has to. She barely worked for the 22 year’s we’ve been together so in essence we’ve switched roles. So with no friends and a wife that seems bitter all the time I feel so all alone. I was just wondering if anyone else feels the same way on this forum and how do you handle it?

Hi P.k. I'd be happy to chat with you on the ALL chat area on Discord. Having someone to converse with might help. I'm going to see if I can get some chat time because I think it will make me feel better.

Hey there, just saying I remember you from before.

Hello again 👋
But sorry to hear you've been having difficulties.
I think a lot of us have, in some way shape or form, these last few years especially.
Hey Ska! I was just checking out if anyone was on the chat. I heard that you go there sometimes, so I hope I'll see you there.

Hello,
My husband and I have no bitterness, we’ve just drifted apart. We really don’t have much in common anymore, and we used to have commonalities. We are more or less roommates. He has no desire to be outgoing. He used to love sports, he hates it now. I’m the one who is upstairs watching football, alone

Latest posts

Back