So...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnaert

Reaction score
I've been in unrequited love for about 3 years. Have any of you been through anything like this? How long did it take for you to be ok again? Kudos if you can beat my 3 years.

Just FYI, you can love ME for as loooong as ye want. ;)

Jesting aside, I can't say I've ever gone very long feeling strong emotions for someone who never felt that way back. Generally it's hard for me to like someone if they don't return that same feeling. Part of what I would love about someone is that they love me... so being in love with someone who doesn't love me just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not saying it's wrong; I'm just saying that I've never personally experienced what you're describing. Not for that long.

*hugs*

Unrequited Love?? depends how you view this, are you friends with this person? or is this someone you think about but do not really know? your three years is really nothing if it is true unrequited love, try fifteen for a woman you know and feel an absolute attraction too, and wish someday. but fully loving someone who is not there for you is sort of foolish, but heh! I understand, it does take your mind off of the other items.. as far as being ok again, well that's the catch with unrequited love, it should never go away...

Arnaert said:
I've been in unrequited love for about 3 years. Have any of you been through anything like this? How long did it take for you to be ok again? Kudos if you can beat my 3 years.

5 1/2 years. I'll never be over being in love with him, because it is was and always will be the realest thing I've known. But I'm moving on with my life, so I guess it's taken 5 1/2 years to be mature enough to make that decision.

Thats fresia up dude...ur good enough to be an emotional tampon but not good enough to fresia...
Your a man...think like a man and dont ever feel guity for wanting her.

obviously she aint tripping using u as shoulder to cry on...if it continues..what ur going hear from her is how her BF is such an ******* to her...fresia that honeysuckle...tell her thats what her girl friends are for.

Make body contact with her..
Flirt with other women in front of her. Ask out other women in front of her...show her the value of lost...
Its a two way relationship...and dont you ever forget this

shes milking u...yeah emotional support..blah..blah blah. Thats what women wants...and u gave that up fisrt...you know what Im saying?
The more time and energy u spend with her...the less N less time u have finding someone thats going to have a type of relationship you want.

Nope. I honestly can't say I've ever had true unrequitted love. I've had crushes from time to time, but they're easy enough to fight off.

I had a crush on a girl in grade school, she wasn't even the prettiest girl, she wasn't bad looking, but she was a "popular" girl and I wasn't just some skinny little geek. She even rejected me at on of our grade 8 dances when I finally got up enough nerve to ask her to dance. One of the teachers saw this and went to talk to her, she still refused to dance with me. I never asked anyone ever again after that. Yeeeeaaarrrrssss later when I ran into her at a store she was working at she remembered my brother and I, (being identical twins everyone remembers us) and **** I knew I saw something in her, she turned out to be smoking hot...and was wearing a wedding ring.

Mostly I was on the other end, where a friend had a huge crush on me but I didn't have the same feels but we never got involved. No way I'd do that to someone its just not right.

Well, if nothing else, at least you can say that people have felt that way about you...

Yeah but I feel bad since I didn't return those feelings, so even being that person on the other side is not easy. Some of those girls were/are good friends of mine, and once its out there you can't never take it back. Even if they move on with their lives.

Just like the grade school crush I had, when I saw her years later those feelings were still there, now it may have been my "other head" doing the talking (lol) but I still though what if she didn't say no to that dance all those years ago. Unfortunately I never did get over that, it made me afraid to ever go up to another girl in fear of being rejected again, and that was 22 years ago. Not to discourage you or anything, I don't believe you really "get over it" you just learn to accept it and deal with it and move on with your life.

Latest posts

Back