Something not to help social anxiety...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upanddownlikeayoyo

Reaction score
...I fainted at the gym.

Okay, everybody was nice and helpful, but I can't help but feel all the whispering may have been negative, although not sure how I could put on fainting.

Maybe it's just paranoia on my part.

Then when I got up my shin hurt so bad that I couldn't move my leg and was in agony but the pain stopped after 10 minutes or so, so maybe they thought I was putting that on.

Anyway, I now feel stupid and i've got to go back at some point, maybe tomorrow :rolleyes:

Worried I will now have a reputation :rolleyes2:

Probably mainly paranoia, I'm the same way. You hear whispers and you think, are they talking about me? Gotta ignore it even if it is. Do go back, who cares if you might have a reputation now, the more you keep going back and working out the more you'll be able to do and less pain you'll feel. Just remember to stretch. ;)

Maybe it was sympathetic whispering?

Any idea why you fainted? If only so you can stop it from happening again.

Probably is paranoia. Not sure about sympathetic whispering. Quite a few instructors, admin and even lifeguards from the swimming pool came over, plus their happened to be a GP in the gym. Most were great, but one or two had looks of 'here we go' on their faces.

I will go back, I just don't want to be treated like anything but normal.

No idea why I fainted, calling my GP in a moment to see if they can fit me in later, although unlikely.

At least you went man. I'm terrified of gyms. I've been in them before and never had problems but nowadays its like a phobia for some reason. I have a bunch of equipment here. I even wait until night to walk/job. Its weird.

I should take my own advice but yeah, you shouldn't be embarrassed to try being healthy.

I'm not comfortable either and go at the usually quietest times.

I have a GP appointment in 90 minutes, but it's an emergency 5 minute one with a GP that never takes me seriously, so may cancel it and go in the local health centre where you can drop in until 8pm at night.

May I ask what you were doing before the incident? Maybe the exercises you were doing were too much for you. Plus I don't think you'll have a reputation. Plenty of people have fainted in the gym before.

I was on the rower and before that the treadmill.

They think I may have an underlying problem. It's just getting the GP to take me seriously.

They say plenty of people have fainted and not to worry, but I know there is a post it note stuck on my gym card that only staff see and I know it's not about the fainting as after one of them read the note and then spoke with me not knowing I had previously fainted.

Paranoia central!

Latest posts

Back