Something something "hello there"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Reaction score
Howdy folks. I stumbled upon this site all on my lonesome and thought I'd give it a whirl.

A little about me, and why I joined.

My name is Barrett, I'm 18, and I am a pretty shy fellow (at least in public)
I don't exactly know what's going on in my big noggin, never found anyone who could tell it to me straight. Anxiety this, aspergers that, the works. To put it simply, I ain't too good with people, especially groups.

In the past (and a little bit now) I had problems with depression and suicidal thoughts, but I found a way through. Kinda.

After being expelled from school for running away from campus one too many times, I finally got over wallowing in self pity and got my diploma via GED. I was both happy and sad, because I finally got over this hump, but I've got no one to celebrate with, rejoice with, or even be proud of me, however childish that may sound.

Since that, which was mere days ago, I have been incredibly lonely. So I figured I'd pop my head in here and see what's what and if I can make a friend or two.

And even though I'm still a kid and may not understand everyone's problems, I'm more than happy to listen to anyone about anything, I'd love to give someone company.

I don't think your situation sounds childish. Congrats on sticking to things and getting your diploma.

Hey Barrett, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll find what you're looking for here. :)

Welcome. I ended up getting my GED when I was about your age too.

Latest posts

Back