Songs - a Question About

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alaric

Reaction score
When I listen to music, the different songs evoke different emotions. Some sixties stuff makes me very sad, as does some music from the early eighties. Other music makes me happy.

What about you all? Any special songs? Eras?

I loathe ABC, but a woman I love more than life loves it. Whenever I hear a song of theirs I get sad. But when I hear "Dream Lover" (Bobby Darin) I get very happy. I first heard it the very first time I had ever seen snow, and that was a wonderful day. Gerry Rafferty makes me mourn for a life I left behind, and Mark Knopfler "Sultans of Swing" makes me think of sunshine and a great time in my life.

Honestly, I'm rather obsessed with gloom, so I'm most attracted to music which I feel best expresses sadness and misery. This doesn't make me very popular with others, because I come across as a terminal downer.

i recently seen ozzy in concert and discovered this on youtube prior to seeing him.
it's very cool. i'm going through a divorce and the lyrics hit home with me.

Ozzy Osbourne sings John Lennon's "How?"

SofiasMami said:
Across the Universe by The Beatles always puts me in a dream-like state. An awesome song -

Teresa

love Fiona Apple's version

Tamia's "You Put A Move" always makes me imagine a romantic scenario involving slow dancing, candles in an otherwise dark room, wine, and kissing.

One thing I can't stand is when teenage girls listen to that "I'm a *****" song by Alanis morissette and then look at you with a straight face and say "This song is totally about me!"

No honeysuckle, she describes almost every possible thing you could be in the song.

Pisses me off so much for some reason.

I belive by Joe Satriani

Logo velvet..by TnagerineDreams
sereen...soothing to the soul to relex or get down to :p

Starry eyes by Motley Crue
Renae my HS sweetheart.

Breath by Breaking Benjamin...
associate it to my exwf.
" Im praying...Im waiting...
Relize....Start hating!!!!!"

Tears in Heaven (Eric Clapton) makes me sad, because it reminds me of my late husband.

I Just Haven't Met You Yet (Michael Buble') gives me hope that I may meet someone else someday.

I don't wanna miss a thing - Aerosmith, my daughter that past away when she was 17 months loved this song. I always had to dance with her when she heard this song. It always remind me of her when I here this song.

The song Amazed - Lonestar is also special cause this was the first time me and hubby danced and kissed each other, I get the same tingling feeling I got from our first kiss every time I hear this song.

I wanna know what love is also brings back emotion, the first guy that I truely loved played me this song when he declared his love to me.

The song Breathless - Shayne Ward also envokes pretty strong emotions, I'm not going into detail but yeah hubby and me hold that song important cause of time spend together.

Song are so powerful because they prevoke emotion like nothing else bringing you to remember one moment while listening to a certain song.

Exodus Damage by John Vanderslice. I don't know what's in that song but whenever I hear it, it just evokes a sense of nostalgia from memories that aren't even mine. Not exact scenes or happenings, just the feeling or remembering a sweet moment. I don't know how to explain it. :/

A song or tune that reminds me of somthing good u like. But then I get songs that remind me of somthing bad. And somtimes a good memory can go bad due to the fact I miss it.

Stone Temple Pilots - Creep, Wicked Garden (both take me to a place before something inside me was lost)

Anything Pantera - can evoke pure rage, only if played above a certain decibel level, you've got to 'feel' it rattling your body. With the exception of the "Great Southern Trendkill" album, which makes me feel suicidal.

The Doors - takes me to that magical place, you know, the one most often inspired by LSD.

WishingWell said:
Tears in Heaven (Eric Clapton) makes me sad, because it reminds me of my late husband.

I Just Haven't Met You Yet (Michael Buble') gives me hope that I may meet someone else someday.

When my son plays "Tears in Heaven" it wrenches and pulls at my heart, and I know there is a magical softness in his young, 21 year old heart. When fingers can caress the strings like that, and such a stream of perfect melody can course through the air as it does when he plays, I know the future has some hope.

Today is my Elton John "Funeral for a Friend" day... And I listened to "He Stopped Loving Her Today" which made me think about a friend and his wife. Then there was Roy Orbison's "Sandman."

Stuff from all over the place.

Right now it is "Brown Eyed Girl" in honor of the love of my life.

Latest posts

Back