Sophie Lancaster: A girl from England who was kicked to death for being a goth.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
Minding her own business walking through a park with her boyfriend, and set upon by evil scum who couldn't handle the fact that she looked and dressed differently to them.

A haunting video was made in her memory.

People who do things like that don't care if it's Goths, homeless people, neighbours, whatever.

Things like this happening make me sick. The people who do it? Words fail.

argosgold said:
People who do things like that don't care if it's Goths, homeless people, neighbours, whatever.

Things like this happening make me sick. The people who do it? Words fail.

Absolutely. This has affected me quite a lot.

You know my brother was home today and he said people who were bullied deserved to be bullied because if they are acting weird that means they need to "improve".

I was pretty pissed he said that.

There is so much wrong with that attitude. I can see it might be difficult to get out of that way of thinking if you've never experienced it though.

Yeah I heard about that.

Personally I'm not a fan of the emo/goth scene, but I do believe in their right to dress and live that way if they choose to.

Those people that killed her are going to the Odd Place*.

*And by Odd Place, I mean they should be anal-raped by Satan's giant, barbed, flaming cock.

stuff like this happening is why i think the human race = fail. why? why is the only think i can think of saying. the people who did this have to be mentally messed up. i dont see how anyone could do something like that. we should put them all on a bus and drive the bus off a cliff into a river and then hurl the river into space.

I watched the video and a few others about her. made me sad.....While not "goth", my daughter is not the same as most of the people she goes to school with..
What would i do if that happened to her?

Tex Is Lost said:
I watched the video and a few others about her. made me sad.....While not "goth", my daughter is not the same as most of the people she goes to school with..

I imagine you would do what any good father would. You'd find the bastards that did it and make them pay. Hopefully through legal means and not my style of justice.

Tex Is Lost said:

If someone did that to my (hypothetical, future) daughter, I'd ******* kill them.

As slowly and painfully as possible.

End of story.

You know, I talk a lot about hating 'Those stupid hats' (you know the ones if you've read my tantrums), hair covering one eye, skinny jeans, and chain-pants.

But I'd never actually kill anybody for it.

"Fashion victim" indeed. I'm not surprised that in our society anybody who stands out or tries to be a little different can be hated so much they're beaten to death. People in general are more close-minded than they'd like to admit, most of them just aren't quite as evil or impulsive.

I've never understood why people care so much what another person wears. I love fashion and it's fun -- but what another person chooses to wear doesn't affect me. It bothers me to see anyone ridiculed for something so frivolous, much less murdered. Senseless.

Brian said:
You know, I talk a lot about hating 'Those stupid hats' (you know the ones if you've read my tantrums), hair covering one eye, skinny jeans, and chain-pants.

But I'd never actually kill anybody for it.

Nobody in the right mind would. There are certain groups of people that I don't particularly care for (although I happen to like goths and most alternative types), but the idea of harming them is so far from my mind.

I just can't comprehend this. It left me very upset for ages after hearing it.

Most of the girls I know who went through the ugly gothling phase in high school grew out of it pretty fast, and now rank amongst some of the prettiest women I know.

As children anyone who is even slightly different find themselves the bottom of the pecking order and has an uphill battle to try and survive, it's horrible when those who have developed just the right kind of sadistic personality traits find a target to relentlessly harass. Some people never grow out of this mentality throughout their entire time in the school system and even after, which I think is an absolute shame.

Badjedidude said:
Tex Is Lost said:

If someone did that to my (hypothetical, future) daughter, I'd ******* kill them.

End of story.

I understand that completely. And don't think that I have not considered what I could do with a butter knife and a pair of vice grips........
But that disturbs me almost as much as the thought of my losing my daughter, or son, to senseless violence. In taking vengeance would I not become that which took them away to begin with?

Tex Is Lost said:
Badjedidude said:
Tex Is Lost said:

End of story.

I understand that completely. And don't think that I have not considered what I could do with a butter knife and a pair of vice grips........
But that disturbs me almost as much as the thought of my losing my daughter, or son, to senseless violence. In taking vengeance would I not become that which took them away to begin with?

No. You'd be punishing the culprits for committing a heinous act of evil. And at the same time doing the rest of the world a big favour.

Tex Is Lost said:
Badjedidude said:
Tex Is Lost said:

End of story.

I completely understand what you are saying Tex it's hard not to act out of strong or righteous anger but at least in my belief you would not be doing anything good by taking revenge. Hate would have taken your son or daughter away and hate would have taken away who you are and the rest of your life if you got caught. We say we would kill someone if they hurt our families but in the end I know I wouldn't because that would be letting the hate win and that would be the bigger loss.

Latest posts

Back