struggling with loss

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

movinggirl

Reaction score
The past few months I have lost my mother, my daughter moved out and took one of our kitties. This has been a rough year.

Today, I realized just how much I have lost lately. Today, I am just so sad.

Just when I think I'm healing, something else pops through.

I'm sorry for the loss of your mother, & for your other losses. I hope things get better for you through the rest of the year & beyond! XO

I am sorry for your loss. My mom died in 2013. I miss her every day.

My dad died two weeks before Christmas last year...not a day goes by when I don't think of him. Some days are so hard, it's all I can do to just hold myself together enough to get through what I need to do. My dad's favorite saying was 'Keep Smiling' - I try to keep that in mind - even when he was crying on the inside, he always tried his best to keep a smile on his face and a mischievious twinkle in his green eyes...

Hugs to you...feel free to message if you want to vent, or need a listening ear.

I am so sorry. At the very least, it sounded as though you have more than one kitty? Hold onto that remaining one and try to know your daughter will care for the other one very well. It can be so hard to not be selfish with innocent animals, but knowing it's taken care of is so much better than it could be. Some people dump their animals far away just to get rid of them, or move away and leave the pet there (one of the cats on my street is a victim of this - fortunately the neighbour has taken her in).

Perhaps consider adopting a kitten or older cat, or even a dog if they are for you. Animals can be so therapeutic and loving; I doubt I'd be here now if I never had the blessing of their company.

Also, you said your daughter has moved out. I'm not a parent so I'm not of a position to say much but, if she moved out and the reasoning was nothing to do with you, try to remember you're still loved very much by her. Perhaps it did happen because of a feud, but even then, family love often runs too deep. Often times people and family love each other, but simply need space as they grow older.

RadioMan said:
I'm sorry for the loss of your mother, & for your other losses. I hope things get better for you through the rest of the year & beyond! XO

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your post to me.

I hope things get better too. My mom's estate is in probate, that is difficult. It's dragging on.

I hope the rest of 16 is better than the first half. :)

dd11 said:
I am sorry for your loss. My mom died in 2013. I miss her every day.

Yeah, it's a really hard thing. Mom and I talked on the phone all the time. I took her to all her Dr's appointments.

There is a hole in my life now.

ringwood said:
My dad died two weeks before Christmas last year...not a day goes by when I don't think of him. Some days are so hard, it's all I can do to just hold myself together enough to get through what I need to do. My dad's favorite saying was 'Keep Smiling' - I try to keep that in mind - even when he was crying on the inside, he always tried his best to keep a smile on his face and a mischievious twinkle in his green eyes...

Hugs to you...feel free to message if you want to vent, or need a listening ear.

That's how my Dad was, nothing seemed to get him down. He was very strong. He passed in 05.

Bubblebeam said:
I am so sorry. At the very least, it sounded as though you have more than one kitty? Hold onto that remaining one and try to know your daughter will care for the other one very well. It can be so hard to not be selfish with innocent animals, but knowing it's taken care of is so much better than it could be. Some people dump their animals far away just to get rid of them, or move away and leave the pet there (one of the cats on my street is a victim of this - fortunately the neighbour has taken her in).

Perhaps consider adopting a kitten or older cat, or even a dog if they are for you. Animals can be so therapeutic and loving; I doubt I'd be here now if I never had the blessing of their company.

Also, you said your daughter has moved out. I'm not a parent so I'm not of a position to say much but, if she moved out and the reasoning was nothing to do with you, try to remember you're still loved very much by her. Perhaps it did happen because of a feud, but even then, family love often runs too deep. Often times people and family love each other, but simply need space as they grow older.

Yes, my daughter took her 2 kitties when she moved out. I still have my Leo and my dog, Elvira.

Leo is lonely now, he's never been an only cat until now and he's not handling it very well. I am going to get him a kitten this weekend.

My daughter moved out because it was time. She is 23 and works in the town 45 minutes from here. Her move had nothing to do with me. She is my only child and we are very close. Sometimes, I think I do love her too much. I spent the first 23 years of her life, taking care of her. Now I need to find my own life.

Thanks for posting to me.

Kitty for the Kat : ) and supurb that you created a close and enabling relationship with your daughter
it is not always the case and the credit belongs to you

sorry for your loss ... parents especially when they have required a lot of support leave a huge hole in our lives

have you ever thought about volunteering at a pet shelter ? just remember to leave the inmates there LOL

*hugs* movinggirl. I'm sorry to hear about what happened. How are you doing today?

Also, welcome to the forum. :)

ladyforsaken said:
*hugs* movinggirl. I'm sorry to hear about what happened. How are you doing today?

Also, welcome to the forum. :)

I'm a little better today, not great but better.

Latest posts

Back