Taylor Swift is Insecure

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

Taylor Swift might seem to have it all -- successful career, worldwide fame, huge bank account -- but she admits she still battles insecurity.

"I definitely have body issues, but everybody does," she tells MSN. "When you come to the realization that everybody does that -- even the people that I consider flawless -- then you can start to live with the way you are. I've read interviews with some of the most beautiful women who have insecurities. And you look at them and you're like, 'How do you have? Name one thing wrong with yourself,' and they could name a handful."

But even though the 20-year old admits she doesn't always love herself, she also says she hopes her self-esteem improves over time. "I don't really want to be that way," she acknowledges. "I'd like to try to maintain confidence and stay OK with who I am because I don't really want to change it. Everybody has insecurities -- everybody -- but hopefully you can overcome them."

Taylor, who just won the People's Choice Award for Favorite Female Artist, is also nominated for eight Grammys. Recently named Billboard's 2009 Artist of the Year, her record-breaking Fearless tour continues in 2010, along with opening acts Kellie Pickler and Gloriana.

taylor.jpg

Guys....You have to admit that if Taylor Swift...a gorgeous girl...has insecurities that it's completely normal to have them. Seriously.

This article made me feel better just by reading it and realizing someone with Taylor's stature struggles with the same stuff I do.

Article Source: http://www.theboot.com/2010/01/07/t...boot.com/2010/01/07/taylor-swift-body-issues/

Haha, well to be honest, her insecurities could be borne from being such a huge icon that millions scrutinize and stare at her all of the time. She has to look and act perfect wherever she goes, no hair out of place, no wrinkle exposed. That would be enough to make ANYONE have some insecurity issues. :p

But I get your point and for some reason it does make me feel better. ^_^

----Steve

people have flaws, its what makes us welcoming, and bonds us. it didnt make me feel any better. id rather see people who dont struggle to be something theyre not, and just be real.

her skin, looks like chemicals.

LOL never heard of Taylor Swift...? I mean, I don't know anything about her and I'm not someone who follows celebrities at all, but when you've never heard that name there's something wrong :D

yamaha CS5 said:
.... when you've never heard that name there's something wrong :D

Geez i hope not. While i had heard the name, i thought it was that white haired guy.

yamaha CS5 said:
LOL never heard of Taylor Swift...? I mean, I don't know anything about her and I'm not someone who follows celebrities at all, but when you've never heard that name there's something wrong :D

There's nothing wrong about NOT being a slave to canned, prepackaged entertainment. :p

There is nothing wrong with anybody having insecurities about their looks, but I'm sure its alittle easier to deal with when you actually are physically attractive with no major physical flaws or defects. With that said, it may still be hard for that type of person, but they are able to bring more ammo to the fight.

cheaptrickfan said:
yamaha CS5 said:

There's nothing wrong about NOT being a slave to canned, prepackaged entertainment. :p

Yup :D

Hahaha, good answers. I know who she is because of that hubbub about being upstaged by that rapper dude (I don't even remember who) when she won an award of some sort (I don't even remember what award).

TMZ to the rescue! lol

----Steve

P.S. I hate that show. I make it a point to turn off the TV and read a book when that show comes on. Who gives a fresia what the celebs are doing? It's hard to believe that some people waste their lives following that honeysuckle.

That'll be Kanye West :p Never heard of him either? I mean, of course, I don't care about these people and I don't search for any info on them, but just from what I pick up from others I kind of know who they are.

Kanye West is the only reason Taylor Swift's name rings a vague bell for me. I still have no idea what songs she sings, nor do I care. heh

Aww well taylor is a decent v good looking pop singer, and a good example for other girls imo, unlike britney spears and such. The fact that taylor is insecure about herself makes you realize, being insecure is perfectly normal :) Of course there is such a thing as being too insecure, that wouldn't be very healthy.

Latest posts

Back