The 7 Deadly Sins

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jd7

(I mean this in the "pop culture" way and not in any religious way. I know that sort of debate is not allowed here...) If it devolves, just close it down...

* Wrath
* Greed
* Sloth
* Pride
* Lust
* Envy
* Gluttony

Which get you?

Mine are:

* Pride
* Wrath
* Lust

(in that order)

Envy, sometimes sloth and right now with all these delicious Christmas treats gluttony.

I've been stung by them all at some point or another, but the top three are:

Envy,
Pride,
Lust

According to Dante, there were 9(Nine), circles of Hell,not 7(Seven).
Limbo
Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Anger
Heresy
Violence
Fraud
Treachery

Sorry if that bored anyone. Touch of OCD there,sorry :(

gabriel20 said:
According to Dante, there were 9(Nine), circles of Hell,not 7(Seven).
Limbo
Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Anger
Heresy
Violence
Fraud
Treachery

Sorry if that bored anyone. Touch of OCD there,sorry :(

Dante provides one interpretation, in the 14th Century, of a concept originally stemming from the Book of Proverbs many centuries before (and probably further back than that). Some describe sins in 7, 8, 9, or even more types, and then both divide and categorize them further. The point being there is no definitive "source" for how many sins there are rather than the original poster. Yours truly. :D

So, playing along? Come on...join the lusters!

Right now, none. But considering myself from an overall perspective, the most troublesome for me were wrath and pride. Fortunately not deadly. Yet.

Gluttony! stupid gluttony…
and I have been guilty of wrath, here and there

Sloth, wrath, but sometimes wrath gets me out of slothful introspective wallowing, not such a bad thing.

Sometimes I have thoughts about naked ladies, so lust too.

JD7,I hope you won't mind,but I just got to do this,........I just got to,..........it's so funny,..........and I just can't help myself sometimes.

[video=youtube]

gabriel20 said:
JD7,I hope you won't mind,but I just got to do this,........I just got to,..........it's so funny,..........and I just can't help myself sometimes.

[video=youtube]

LMAO!

:) Glad you liked it jd,it just sort of seemed appropriate to try and make everyone smile and have a laugh,and not take life too seriously. :)

gabriel20 said:
:) Glad you liked it jd,it just sort of seemed appropriate to try and make everyone smile and have a laugh,and not take life too seriously. :)

The ice cream sandwich killed me! :D

Latest posts

Back