The Holiday Season

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Case

Reaction score
Here in America, the time known as "the holiday season" traditionally begins on the fourth Thursday of November, which is our Thanksgiving, and extends all the way to New Year's Day. That's thirty-six days of holiday music, family members we don't want to see, engorging ourselves with cookies, candies, and fattening foods of all kinds, culminating in a gift-giving holiday that involves more family and more eating, and finally, the drunken revelry of New Year's Eve. You might celebrate it differently than I do, but this time seems to be a general time of celebration and consumer spending. lol

I used to look forward to this time of year. There's Xmas lights, holiday music, people visit their loved ones, and charities seem to thrive a bit more during this time. In some ways, I still do look forward to it, but the lack of a regular partner, the lack of any family, and the minimal number of close friends in my life, all contributes to an anxious

Latest posts

Back