The Lonely Life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so i get that you have some illnesses that currently impair your ability to function…

And i know what you really want is to be able to function and that you dont have the motivation due to these illnesses

However…

Sometimes the only answer, is to do something fully against our will in order to make a change.

And I get that you dont give a honeysuckle enough to care to even try and i get that its chemical…

But you already recognize that, so do it anyway, without giving a honeysuckle, and even though you don't want to, and even though it hurts your body and torchures your brain…

Because making the effort, is the only answer and nobody can provide any other answer because their isn't one.

The reality is that you do have to get up off the sofa, and you do have to make an appointment for therapy and you do have to get medicated.

And again, i get that you cant physically push yourself right now, but that doesn't mean that, this answer to do so is not the right one.

So, with that being said, yes, you are trapped, and i get that. And I think its ok so feel trapped and ok to stay trapped.. for a while, but at some point you have to go against your will.

If all you can do is think, then think about wanting to get better and think about the idea that maybe in the future you will make that choice to drag your body out against its will, not because you want to but because its the correct answer.

Come to terms with the reality that the right answer is going to hurt, its going to suck and its going to be traumatic at first, but it is the right answer and the only answer…

You do have to get up, against your will, with zero motivation, psychologically in pain, emotionally distraught, with trauma and tears in your eyes, and go get medicated and therapy… why?

Because there is no other way out, that is the answer, the only answer. You have a chemical imbalance and its not going to go away by itself.

Many of the things you are feeling, you might not even feel them as paralysing feelings if you actually treated the neurochemicals in your brain and brought them to a healthier state.

Our emotional perceptions are determined by our neurochemicals remember. And exhaustion and anhedonia come from dealing with traumatic emotional perceptions on a daily basis and consequently frying the adrenals with anxiety.

there is only one answer, nobody can tell you different

Stop drinking, get into AA or another program
Get medicated
Get therapy

And do it all Against your will and with all the pain and torchure of the experience

Why? because there is no other answer

Just do it.

jaguarundi said:
EveWasFramed said:
stork_error said:
Just do it.

Yup. ^^ This.

Hell yes..

I am sure cumulus.james would love to 'just do it', but it motivation is difficult when one is profoundly depressed. As someone said earlier, mental illness is mental illness. People can't help how they feel or act sometimes.

Ioann said:
jaguarundi said:
EveWasFramed said:
stork_error said:
Just do it.

Yup. ^^ This.

Hell yes..

I am sure cumulus.james would love to 'just do it', but it motivation is difficult when one is profoundly depressed. As someone said earlier, mental illness is mental illness. People can't help how they feel or act sometimes.

While its true that mental illness is mental illness, NO ONE can help James, but James. That's what people here are trying to tell him. HE must be the one to take the first step. No one can take it for him.

I know depression well and 'just do it' is easier said than done, oh yes, and when 'just doing it' is probably, almost certainly, going to be an unpleasant chore, a joyless exercise, one more try at living that's going to be another grasp toward enjoyment that's out of reach, then sitting at home and not moving makes more sense.

Not moving is the essence of depression.

However, the inescapable choice is force yourself to move and live or not move and die.

Too bad the choice is between bad and worse. I've done it cumulus.james, it's doable. Eventually, living becomes less un-enjoyable, more endurable. I'm told that being alive can actually be pleasant. The idea can keep you going.

Latest posts

Back