The Trouble With Personal... -___-

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iBreathe

Reaction score
Does anyone else have an issue with being personal with people? I can relate to people on pretty much any level, hold a convo about nearly anything, but when anything gets remotely personal, I start freaking out and bats flying out of hell have nothing on my speed to get away.

Even trying to organize my thoughts on it enough to write in a semi-intelligent mode just makes me all... wonky feeling. Seriously, I can't stand it, but I have to know that I'm not the only person like this... am I?
:s

Me too.
I can't hold personal conversations with people either, its hard to open up.
Does physical contact like between friends count too?

Face-to-face, I have difficulty opening up to others.
The people that briefly came into my life, soon after, walked away and left me in pain.
At this point, I'm so far away that I don't think I can be reached anymore.

i know what you mean. i dont get very personal with hardly anyone anymore.

Ohhhhhh..... =(
This is so not making me feel very good. On one part, I'm glad (sorry ya'll feel this way too) I'm not the only person like this, but on another part... it's kind of... depressing.

I can totally sit for hours (if I can sit still that long :D) and let someone else open up about everything in their life, but me... to put it bluntly, I think I'm a bit of an Ice Queen/*****. I don't mean to be, and I wish SO badly that someone felt I was worth the extra effort to unlock my heart, not just go for physical, you know? Meh... I think maybe it's better this way though because there's less chance of more heart-breakage. That's better in the long-run, yes?

Really... just nod, smile, and say "yes, yes." :D

Well I don't know if it's a good thing either to be able to open up to everybody.

I like spill all my secrets toanybody who inquires. Doesn't generally get me into trouble, but sometimes i just go "GAH why did I TELL them THAT"

I know plenty of social people who are private. Nobody expects you to give away personal details :/

For me, it depends. A few times I've met a stranger who I clicked with and felt comfortable enough that I ended up pouring my heart out and telling them off the bat about my inner emotions and about my past and stuff and yeah I know it's bad because the person would get scared off or something but.....I don't notice it when I do it so it's really awkward when I end up saying too many personal things to a stranger. Ugh.

On the other hand....I also don't open up at all with my family because my entire life living with them I know that they do nothing but mock me and insult me and berate me, I rarely meet people who I feel comfortable to begin with so I mostly just stay silent and block myself from showing any real emotion or passion in anything but I guess the problem sort of stems in the fact that I don't think the people I'm with would want me opening up, the people I know just want to be acquaintances most of all.

Thank you to everyone that replied. I appreciated your candid opinions/ideas/thoughts/feelings.

I have basically never ever talked about personal things with anyone in my entire life... I dont have anything odd or anything that i think would really discourage someone from knowing me that has happened but i am a very socialy anxious and generally shy person, no body ever seems to enquire, not family or friends. So i am on my own when it comes to anything emotional/personal.

Hmm...I try not to *initiate* personal stuff, because not everyone wants to hear it. But if anyone starts asking questions, well, I'm pretty much an open book. :p

I've thought about this and I strongly believe that under the right kind of scenario, I could open up. If I'm at work, getting into a personal conversation is not the way to go. If dealing with someone I barely know, again, not a good idea. But take someone who's not yet my girlfriend, but we're at my place or something. We decide to cool out on the couch or bed or something. This isn't for sex, but just to chill. THEN I could see looking up at the ceiling and being willing to discuss whatever.

Latest posts

Back