This friend I have

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We have known each other throughout high school, but she had always been an aquantince. She is one of the few people who will actually talk to me, and I have always thought it strange that she would even talk to me. Well, mostly it was just acknowledging my presence and making small talk, but that is more than anybody else has done. This year, I've decided to try to get to know her better, as she has always seemed to be a cool person. I did, and she is more amazing than I could have ever imagined. She is a cynic, a realist, a geek, and a weirdo: I couldn't have asked for more, as I am all of those things. Thing is, the more I talk with her, the more withdrawn she becomes. She gets really nervous when I am around (then again, I am too), and she becomes very quiet, which is odd as she likes to talk. Last Friday, I was talking with her during Chinese club, and I noticed that she was blushing quiet a bit.

I want to know what to make of her. To be honest, I really do like her, as she is both an amazing person and she is quite beautiful. I just don't want to mistake these signs as something else, which I have in the past. I wish I could see into her mind and find out what she thinks of me; whether I be interesting or just another creep.

You don't have to ask the questions you want to ask, to find out the answers. You say she is a geek, perhaps it would be a nice idea to ask her if she'd like to hang out some, or play some games with you. If you start spending time with each other besides at school, it will eventually become evident what she'd like from you, friendship or more. I find people are too fixated on "getting" a partner, like it's a mission they must succeed at all cost, failure being the gravest mistake ever. It's so wrong.. just think of her as a friend until that one day you know for certain whether or not you are more to each other. It's not the words spoken, but the feelings felt; that are important. The key to -any- relationship is friendship Imo.

Paranoid Android said:
We have known each other throughout high school, but she had always been an aquantince. She is one of the few people who will actually talk to me, and I have always thought it strange that she would even talk to me. Well, mostly it was just acknowledging my presence and making small talk, but that is more than anybody else has done. This year, I've decided to try to get to know her better, as she has always seemed to be a cool person. I did, and she is more amazing than I could have ever imagined. She is a cynic, a realist, a geek, and a weirdo: I couldn't have asked for more, as I am all of those things. Thing is, the more I talk with her, the more withdrawn she becomes. She gets really nervous when I am around (then again, I am too), and she becomes very quiet, which is odd as she likes to talk. Last Friday, I was talking with her during Chinese club, and I noticed that she was blushing quiet a bit.

I want to know what to make of her. To be honest, I really do like her, as she is both an amazing person and she is quite beautiful. I just don't want to mistake these signs as something else, which I have in the past. I wish I could see into her mind and find out what she thinks of me; whether I be interesting or just another creep.

The only way you can find out if there's honey or venom in the beehive is if you poke it. Don't be afraid, man. Good luck :)

@AfterDark
I've just been trying to talk with her at school these days. It's really hard to get her to talk sometimes because of how quiet she gets. Though I have been trying to look at her as a friend instead of a love interest, though my mind has other ideas.

@perfanoff
I am too afraid to disturb the nest. I lost a friend before doing that, and I feel really bad that I did.

Come on. There is nothing bad in trying to get a girlfriend. And if you just suppress yourself to be her friend while having romantic feelings.. isn't that being a creep?

perfanoff said:
Come on. There is nothing bad in trying to get a girlfriend. And if you just suppress yourself to be her friend while having romantic feelings.. isn't that being a creep?

I guess, but I would feel like a creep if I showed these feelings and she didn't want them.:(

If she likes to talk normally but gets really quiet and blushes when you are around it seems to me she has a crush on you.

Latest posts

Back