Uncomfortable in your own skin?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice But Dim Jim

Reaction score
This is how I feel at the moment. It's weird because I know if i acted how I actually am, I'd be a more positive and happy person to be around but I'm just uncomfortable with myself so I just close up.

I went through a period like that for about 2 years after I left my ex-husband, but it slowly changed, it was like waking up. Looking back now I think it was my minds way of healing from all the things it had gone through, and in that time it just processed everything until it made sense.

I kind of have that same feeling. Although a bit different. Not so much I feel like I should be more of myself, but I can't accept who I am. I feel like I shouldn't be here in my shoes. It should be someone better. Don't know if that makes sense.

Wailun said:
I kind of have that same feeling. Although a bit different. Not so much I feel like I should be more of myself, but I can't accept who I am. I feel like I shouldn't be here in my shoes. It should be someone better. Don't know if that makes sense.
This is something that I've felt alot. I don't like what I see in the mirror, and I'm not talking about looks. It's more like 'I wish I was someone I can respect' type of thing.

I feel like this too sometimes. Mostly just around people I don't know well and always around strangers.

Same to me... I feel uncomfortable in my skin sometimes, because I'm still a bit lost with myself.

I'm very uncomfortable in my own skin, I've never really been able to accept myself. It's a pointless thought process though and I'm starting to wake up to this fact.

Latest posts

Back