What are you currently reading?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheSkaFish said:
Nothing. It's kind of a bummer since I used to read a lot. I have to get back into it.

Same here. I got burnt out in college, still haven't quite recovered.

Still busy with 'Blood Meridian'...haven't read a single page during this week though. But I haven't decided what to read next, so I might as well take it slowly.

The Man in the High Castle, an alternate history novel. The style is a bit weird (see: old), but it's an interesting read.

Tealeaf said:
The Man in the High Castle, an alternate history novel. The style is a bit weird (see: old), but it's an interesting read.

You should read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" by the same author. It's literally like taking a stroll through the mind of a paranoid schizophrenic. :)

lifestream said:
Tealeaf said:

You should read "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" by the same author. It's literally like taking a stroll through the mind of a paranoid schizophrenic. :)

Hmm, I should get to that. My knowledge of older sci-fi is spotty.

I am currently reading two books (I usually have two going at once...one ebook and one paper book):

"Simple Dreams: A Musical Memoir" by Linda Ronstadt and a mysery called "Blind Eye" by Stuart MacBride.

A pile of around 1000 pages of unmentionable work-related papers is glaring at me

And on the table is Cory Doctorow's Makers

"The Magician's Land" by Lev Grossman.

A novel, one of three, so far. Accept the basic premise and they're an engaging depiction of personal exploration. Looked at another way and they're an engaging escape from mundane reality.

Just started reading some Frenchman's book I randomly found: Tactique Arctique. Sounds cool, a 200-or-so novel

Latest posts

Back