What are you doing right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finishing some minor housework, getting the washing machine rolling and preparing myself to take a walk as the sun comes out and being in the sun gives me positive energies, kind of. After that I will return and start working a bit in my studio which will be around lunch time by then.

Cavey said:
Completing the original Hotline Miami with A+ ratings on every level.

Hmm...challenge accepted. With the release of the second game, I re-installed the original to attempt that too. Though I have no idea why I score A+ easily on some levels and fail with a miserable C- on others.

Drinking my coffee and reading the forum to pass time till I take mum to her cardiologist..

Rodent said:
Cavey said:

Hmm...challenge accepted. With the release of the second game, I re-installed the original to attempt that too. Though I have no idea why I score A+ easily on some levels and fail with a miserable C- on others.

It was much easier than I imagined. A couple of hours and I was done with it. You can easily do the first 7 or 8 levels by just wearing the Tiger mask and comboing entire levels. That's how I like to play, so that suited me fine.

The later levels require far higher scores, so you have to be slightly more creative, but I find them less fun, because I can't just rampage through the level in a giant combo ;)

Did you purchase the sequel? I've been put off it by the fact that the levels are much bigger and more open, leading to a much slower and gun-centric experience. I have no doubt I'll purchase it at some point, but It's the reckless melee approach that does it for me...

Cavey said:
Rodent said:
Cavey said:

It was much easier than I imagined. A couple of hours and I was done with it. You can easily do the first 7 or 8 levels by just wearing the Tiger mask and comboing entire levels. That's how I like to play, so that suited me fine.

The later levels require far higher scores, so you have to be slightly more creative, but I find them less fun, because I can't just rampage through the level in a giant combo ;)

Did you purchase the sequel? I've been put off it by the fact that the levels are much bigger and more open, leading to a much slower and gun-centric experience. I have no doubt I'll purchase it at some point, but It's the reckless melee approach that does it for me...

I…I can see Cavey doing reckless melee :D

Cavey said:
Rodent said:
Cavey said:

I just rediscovered the massive advantages of the tiger mask myself, so I think I'll give it another go with it. Beforehand I often used the chameleon mask to approach enemies more out in the open when I rabidly thrashed through the levels. :p

I plan on purchasing the sequel someday, but I'm still too much of a cheapskate for it right now. I guess the focus change in gameplay is necessary to some degree to keep it fresh - I'll trust it will be a very enjoyable bloodshed regardless. I also waited ages for the original till I spotted it for 3-4 bucks on Good Old Games. Then again I got the cool soundtrack along with it, so it was totally worth it.

Mmm eating buttered toast. Mmm drinking cappuccino. And in an hour, off for a bit of shopping then to see the doctor who operated on my finger, so he can get another consultation fee. Because it looks great and is healed up, so why I need to go back, I do not know...

PenDragon said:
lonelyfairy said:
Being anxious about my own stupidity.

I thought I was the only stupid one here. Now I have some company. yay!!! :D

Nope, you aren't the only one. I think I broke my own personal record about my stupidity, LOL!

Latest posts

Back