What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New year resolution? I think I should stop doing this. I have been making resolutions for past ten years but I barely worked on them. This year; no resolutions no plannings!

Feeling ANGER!

At how a friend was treated whilst training in the gym!

Thankfully the gym are intending to deal with the person involved.

Still!

Alma lost her spoon said:
Feeling ANGER!

At how a friend was treated whilst training in the gym!

Thankfully the gym are intending to deal with the person involved.

Still!

People at gyms can be so judgmental and cruel.

^^Soph what happened to my friend goes beyond judgment by others & borders upon being assault I'm sorry to say.

Whilst squatting at the gym a random gardenia came over, told her she was doing it wrong, placed his hands on her body whilst she was mid exercise saying he was "helping her form", then lifted the bar off her & told her to go "move along" because she wasn't doing it right!

My friend has complained & the gym are currently trying to find him to tell him he's not allowed back!

^^Soph what happened to my friend goes beyond judgment by others & borders upon being assault I'm sorry to say.

Whilst squatting at the gym a random gardenia came over, told her she was doing it wrong, placed his hands on her body whilst she was mid exercise saying he was "helping her form", then lifted the bar off her & told her to go "move along" because she wasn't doing it right!

My friend has complained & the gym are currently trying to find him to tell him he's not allowed back!

And ^that's^ why I don't workout at the gym - too many weirdos.

Should have waited for him to squat and swung a kettlebell to his face.

Wouldn't it be much more convenient if we paid our bills once a year instead of once a month?

Kamya-I wouldn't have waited, I would have kicked him square in the nuts straight away!

My friend is more level headed than I & did the right thing by complaining, now the idiot wont be allowed back in that gym.

jd-yes & I understand your choice, however, I think it's important women are able to go freely about their business without such harassment & abuse wherever they may choose to go.

Feeling shook up, nipped to the corner shop for some bits, I come out and started walking back to my house. This guy comes out of nowhere and grabs my arm and says not menacing but desperate, I have no money, no gas and electric, can I borrow some money. I just started stuttering I had none left, which I don't in my purse anyhow. He starts shaking my arm and pulled me and said you have to I have nothing. Anyway luckily this other guy just comes running up (fairly busy street) arnd says come on mate and pulls him off, and says to the guy what are you doing. Then says to me are you ok, the guy who grabbed me starts crying and saying Im sorry, really I just have no money left, then justs sort of walks off really fast back towards the shop. This other guy offered to walk me home but I was nearly there, I just said Thank you, and then he walked off. Over just like that. Sorry about lack of punctation.

She-ra said:
Feeling shook up, nipped to the corner shop for some bits, I come out and started walking back to my house. This guy comes out of nowhere and grabs my arm and says not menacing but desperate, I have no money, no gas and electric, can I borrow some money. I just started stuttering I had none left, which I don't in my purse anyhow. He starts shaking my arm and pulled me and said you have to I have nothing. Anyway luckily this other guy just comes running up (fairly busy street) arnd says come on mate and pulls him off, and says to the guy what are you doing. Then says to me are you ok, the guy who grabbed me starts crying and saying Im sorry, really I just have no money left, then justs sort of walks off really fast back towards the shop. This other guy offered to walk me home but I was nearly there, I just said Thank you, and then he walked off. Over just like that. Sorry about lack of punctation.

That must have been pretty scary.

jd-yes & I understand your choice, however, I think it's important women are able to go freely about their business without such harassment & abuse wherever they may choose to go.

Such instances may call for a JPMB, going forward. :D

She-ra said:

Oh dear :\ I would've been shaken up myself. Glad you're okay though. *hugs*

EveWasFramed said:
Get some pepper spray, She-Ra.

Although this may be good advice in general, in the UK it's illegal, so She-ra would be liable for prosecution and possible incarceration.

We do have alternatives, but they're about as effective as tickling him with a feather...

user 130057 said:
EveWasFramed said:
Get some pepper spray, She-Ra.

Although this may be good advice in general, in the UK it's illegal, so She-ra would be liable for prosecution and possible incarceration.

We do have alternatives, but they're about as effective as tickling him with a feather...

I'm kinda floored by how people from the UK aren't legally able to protect themselves like American citizens are able to do. We're allowed to shoot burglars to death out of self-defense if they enter our homes.

Meanwhile in the uk you're just supposed to let people rob you blind no matter how violated and scared for your life you may be. o_O

Makes no sense to me.

I'm remembering how last year, Canada sent us their weather and my kids didn't go to school for the majority of January. They had like a month and a half winter break. My kids BETTER go back to school tomorrow. I don't think I can take another long winter break where we are all trapped inside because it's too cold and icy to do anything.

Latest posts

Back