What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Veruca said:
I've got to accept that people are going to continue making comments like that, but I hope to feel better about it at some point. I guess if it stops bothering me as much, then their comments won't either.

Right on, girl. Let's kick these thoughts away together. You know where to find me, eh? Anytime - always here for you.

I'll even fly over and kick their butts if they make mean comments to you. :D

Veruca said:
Thanks Lady. Hugs.

Also, just want to say, you'll always be beautiful to me.

You will always be to me too. Inside and out. :)

"Aisha, my darling. I has question. I learned a bad word today. Please can you tell, what is a 'holy honeysuckle'?"

Oh, dear..

Many will come and many will say...blah blah blah blah blah. But If you can't figure it out then no one will.

Apparently, this was a nice morning to think everything clearly but...but some have ways to disrupt my chain of thoughts that reminded me of my school time. There was this student in standard 8th If remember it correctly. He was beating the bushes cause my grades were better than rest of the class, sort of made me looked like a "cheater" in front of everyone. Pathetic attempt though. Didn't stop me from my goal. And same thing happened in University too. Really is it that hard to understand?

A very convincing social display based on alcohol...that's me. I am surprised how much I can talk and make people laugh that way.

Ahem...Case 101 as usual. Scenario changes but outcome and procedure is quite same all the time.

A: *pokes*
B: Ouch! don't touch there. It hurts.
A:*pokes again*
B:Ouch! don't touch don't touch please it hurts.
A:Who cares? I'm enjoying this *keeps poking*
B:Ouch Ouch Ouch, see it's bleeding now. Please stop before it hurts too deep again.
A:Shut up and enjoy the pain Dummy!!! Cause you deserve it. You ruined something beautiful you gotta pay this with your whole life! Get it?
B: okay, I'll my keep mouth shut. Go on keep poking, I don't mind.

Very laughable, isn't it. laughing on other people's pain. Real understanding, here I was thinking everyone is more understanding than me but case is upside down.

Well, another lesson learned. Don't show people your wound, they will either piss on it or maybe honeysuckle on it or maybe put some maggot on it until it rots and when it become stinky enough they will enjoy the smell of it. Aaaah, what a sickness!!!!

I'll soon have to tell someone I can't start a relationship. I"m really hoping I can do this without hurting her too badly. I don't want to hurt her at all.

Yeah. Alopecia type situation. Severe hairloss. Was trying to be positive but two women started commenting on the balding and I couldn't take it.
[/quote]

I feel for you... such a blow on self esteem, you are right :( even if it is just hair, but we are used to have it there and look nice -
do you know the reason why this is happening? I hope you find a way to stop it...

In the meanwhile, can you pull a sinead o'connor/mad max fury road look? or Sigourney weaver?
because nobody finds that unattractive, hair or no hair

Peaches said:
I feel for you... such a blow on self esteem, you are right :( even if it is just hair, but we are used to have it there and look nice -
do you know the reason why this is happening? I hope you find a way to stop it...

In the meanwhile, can you pull a sinead o'connor/mad max fury road look? or Sigourney weaver?
because nobody finds that unattractive, hair or no hair

Thanks Peaches. No idea why its happening, but will keep trying to figure it out.

Yes, I'll try to make the most of it. Perhaps it will bring out the inner kickass :D

I'm realising that VirtualBox is crap, I should have 'judged a book by its cover' from it's honeysuckle name.

Getting tough, i hope that means i'm on the right track. I hate not having that certainty. It's part of it, i know. I'll keep going. If this ends up working after a couple of months or perhaps a year, then i'm set up for life. Sorry stomach.

"Skype interview? That's a new form of interview, isn't it?" - Yes, been around for merely 4-5 years I presume...

Love these adverts that scare people into being paranoid about living in their own home: "I'd never heard of carbon monoxide poisoning before..."

I'm surprised I'm the only one who considers male lesbianism offensive when used as anything other than a joke, as it looks to be based entirely off stereotypes. Men who do not consider themselves to truly be women in the way a transwoman does saying how women walk, talk, act, and enjoy things made them realize they're a male lesbian. Except every instance they give is a blinding stereotype.

I realize maybe this is the only way that their personality and preferences are accessible to them with male gender roles being what they are, using this stereotypical framework, but I've spent my life with and fighting for the idea that "woman" is not just pink, frilly, giggly, passive, delicate, pretty, talking about feelings, and watching Sex and the City while eating ice cream. Being a woman is not about NOT working on cars, liking sports, or liking science. It includes engineers and plumbers and short hair and fitness and dark colors and ambition and not being good at talking about your feelings.

Would it be okay if I said I'm not black, but totally identify with black people and am a white-black who should have been born black because OH YOU GUYS I LOVE HIP HOP AND FRIED CHICKEN SO MUCH LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE, I JUST HATED BEING SMART AND STUDYING LIKE A WHITE PERSON AND THEN IT ALL MADE SENSE.

For some reason this is okay with male lesbians because we're supposed to be super-accepting of any and all labels people whip up for gender and orientation nowadays. But as a member of the group they're talking about I think it's bull that I'm supposed to sit here and have them say what my gender is that I most certainly am not.

Tealeaf said:
I'm surprised I'm the only one who considers male lesbianism offensive when used as anything other than a joke, as it looks to be based entirely off stereotypes. Men who do not consider themselves to truly be women in the way a transwoman does saying how women walk, talk, act, and enjoy things made them realize they're a male lesbian. Except every instance they give is a blinding stereotype.

I realize maybe this is the only way that their personality and preferences are accessible to them with male gender roles being what they are, using this stereotypical framework, but I've spent my life with and fighting for the idea that "woman" is not just pink, frilly, giggly, passive, delicate, pretty, talking about feelings, and watching Sex and the City while eating ice cream. Being a woman is not about NOT working on cars, liking sports, or liking science. It includes engineers and plumbers and short hair and fitness and dark colors and ambition and not being good at talking about your feelings.

Would it be okay if I said I'm not black, but totally identify with black people and am a white-black who should have been born black because OH YOU GUYS I LOVE HIP HOP AND FRIED CHICKEN SO MUCH LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE, I JUST HATED BEING SMART AND STUDYING LIKE A WHITE PERSON AND THEN IT ALL MADE SENSE.

For some reason this is okay with male lesbians because we're supposed to be super-accepting of any and all labels people whip up for gender and orientation nowadays. But as a member of the group they're talking about I think it's bull that I'm supposed to sit here and have them say what my gender is that I most certainly am not.

I'd say the majority of people are on your side here.

When feeling sorry for oneself and one's misfortunes, it helps to watch movies about people who have it worse. Sounds depressing but it reminds me that I've got it **** good despite the problems and that I should be grateful and not complain.

Latest posts

Back