What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solivagant said:
Paraiyar said:
Even then, all the signals that you send might be misinterpreted. It's amazing how easily that can happen.

If that's the case I return to my original statement and say wait until you know. If a girl has a problem with that, oh well. I think it's better to be "wrong" by respecting boundaries than to be wrong by crossing them.

You probably never will know and not trying to find out could result in finding oneself in the situation that more than a couple of males I've seen on here have where they are in their 20s and haven't kissed a girl ever. Again, all this is my anecdotal experience and I certainly don't claim to know if the female members of this forum have experienced the same thing or not but I've found that if you're male and don't make the effort to find out then you may not get less opportunities in the future than you think you will.

Feeling like I'm being pulled in too many directions at once.

Wishing every job didn't seem like McDonald's but with more money. Why can't there be some profession I actually like? I really wish there was some job I actually cared at least somewhat about.

TheSkaFish said:

Wishing every job didn't seem like McDonald's but with more money. Why can't there be some profession I actually like? I really wish there was some job I actually cared at least somewhat about.

I'm honestly not sure if there's a job I'd really like. A lot of fields that seem cool seem to require a lot of additional training/experience or often a completely different background. I often wonder what I'd go into if I did another Bachelor's Degree.

I'd be satisfied enough to find something I'm reasonably qualified enough for. I might try to commit to teaching myself web design or programming since doing so would provide a more in-demand skill. I don't really have a compelling interest in that but it could probably help. But I seem to struggle to focus enough on things and it seems a bit overwhelming trying to do it all from scratch. I've never really felt confident teaching myself things in a non-structured non-school environment. And I'd like to like to find something I could do in the meantime.

TheSkaFish said:

I think most entry-level jobs don't tend to be very enjoyable or stimulating. Can you identify a profession that at least has positions further up the career ladder that you'd like? It'd be worth slogging it out for a while to get there surely?

MisunderstoodVacancy said:
I'm honestly not sure if there's a job I'd really like. A lot of fields that seem cool seem to require a lot of additional training/experience or often a completely different background. I often wonder what I'd go into if I did another Bachelor's Degree.

I'd be satisfied enough to find something I'm reasonably qualified enough for. I might try to commit to teaching myself web design or programming since doing so would provide a more in-demand skill. I don't really have a compelling interest in that but it could probably help. But I seem to struggle to focus enough on things and it seems a bit overwhelming trying to do it all from scratch. I've never really felt confident teaching myself things in a non-structured non-school environment. And I'd like to like to find something I could do in the meantime.

I often wonder the same things. I think that in some ways, the very nature of jobs makes all of them dislikable to me. They all just take me further away from what kind of person I want to be and closer to one I don't, like an undertow. And yet, I know I can't just sit and do nothing, I know I'm only hurting myself being indecisive which is another general problem I know I need to fix. I'd like to find the one that least makes me feel like a waste of my existence.

I too struggle to focus on things, I don't think I have any sort of medical condition, I just think I need to strengthen my willpower. Anyway, good luck in finding something you would like to do in the meanwhile. I hope one of those ideas you had there is at least somewhat enjoyable for you.

Paraiyar said:
I think most entry-level jobs don't tend to be very enjoyable or stimulating. Can you identify a profession that at least has positions further up the career ladder that you'd like? It'd be worth slogging it out for a while to get there surely?

Hmm, not yet. There are a few things that I like parts of, but they are contradicted by other parts of the job that I don't like. I'm not sure which trade-off is best. I know I should spend more time researching careers and I know this is something I should have put more time into long ago.

These feelings of powerlessness and ineptness are pretty **** lousy. I really hate it when I fail to understand something...though this shouldn't be new to me in this regard.

Teenage boys behaving like teenage boys. I probably shouldn't have shown them The Exorcist. There were far too many giggling fits over the course of the movie.. which I was guilty of as well the first time I watched it.
Why aren't I ready? I need to get at least a couple of winks of sleep tonight before the thing tomorrow. Podcasts, episodes, manga, books- check. Clothes? I'll probably need those. Practice? That too, but it'll have to wait.

Rodent said:
These feelings of powerlessness and ineptness are pretty **** lousy. I really hate it when I fail to understand something

I feel the same way.

Feeling very tense. It's been one of those days when my parents have been arguing all day. It feels like things could explode at any second. I can't relax.

Feeling relieved now I have to that paperwork back and the answer. That is a massive weight off my shoulders.

I hate that sleeping is not synonym to rest. I feel more tired when I wake up than when I am about to go to sleep.

I feel sad and happy at the same time. Maybe I should just focus on the happiness, since rarely feeling it...

Feeling a sense of missing. I went to bed and woke up really missing them today. I miss the talks, I miss the things they said, I miss how we got along. I miss the feelings of curiosity and wonder they stirred inside me. I was so happy to have found them and even happier when I knew we could actually talk. I miss how they made me feel special. I just wish I could have fixed my personality flaws and cultivated a compelling-enough identity in time for them.

Is it so hard to be honest and straightforward? Won't hurt nobody, better than leave things hanging in the air and the other opposite waiting what the hell happened...

May is a long time to find out. Then again, that was my choice initially. Feeling like it might be a bit too long away. Or I'll just wait and what's meant to happen will happen. Right?

The more out of shape you are, the harder it is getting motivation to exercise.

Latest posts

Back