What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm remembering a few days ago when I did NOT have kids constantly asking me for this and that and yelling at each other and all the lovely things children do to torment their mother. lol

I'm thinking that I'm fed up with all the cynicism and defeatism I've been seeing in my search for both a job and relationship. I don't mean it so much on ALL as the rest of the Internet. I've been looking just on Google about various relationship topics and they all say something to the effect of lowering your expectations. This is just like how when I look for jobs it's all about how my generation is going to be the first to be poorer than our parents. Things like that make my blood boil. My body actually quakes with fury. It makes me want to throw a punch at something and scream "NO!!!!" at the top of my lungs. When I look in the mirror, I don't see a slave staring back at me. When I look inside myself, I know I just have to be able to be more than another broken, defeated, beaten down husk of person. I just know deep down I'm a good thing, I just know that I'm something real.

To hell with cynicism and defeatism. There just has to be a way to make a good life still.

TheSkaFish said:
I'm thinking that I'm fed up with all the cynicism and defeatism I've been seeing in my search for both a job and relationship. I don't mean it so much on ALL as the rest of the Internet. I've been looking just on Google about various relationship topics and they all say something to the effect of lowering your expectations. This is just like how when I look for jobs it's all about how my generation is going to be the first to be poorer than our parents. Things like that make my blood boil. My body actually quakes with fury. It makes me want to throw a punch at something and scream "NO!!!!" at the top of my lungs. When I look in the mirror, I don't see a slave staring back at me. When I look inside myself, I know I just have to be able to be more than another broken, defeated, beaten down husk of person. I just know deep down I'm a good thing, I just know that I'm something real.

To hell with cynicism and defeatism. There just has to be a way to make a good life still.

No you aren't going to be a broken down defeated beaten slave-person. Not if you don't want to be.

[I would hug you but I don't hug guys - gives you all the wrong idea ;)...]

TheRealCallie said:
I'm remembering a few days ago when I did NOT have kids constantly asking me for this and that and yelling at each other and all the lovely things children do to torment their mother. lol

^^:D:D:D

TheSkaFish said:

I often wonder if, instead of viewing it as "settling" maybe we should view it as being more tolerant of others? Just a thought. Not suggesting that anyone should or should not "settle" just wondering if maybe we're looking at things the way we should.

jaguarundi said:
No you aren't going to be a broken down defeated beaten slave-person. Not if you don't want to be.

[I would hug you but I don't hug guys - gives you all the wrong idea ;)...]

:) hey, thanks for the boost.

EveWasFramed said:
I often wonder if, instead of viewing it as "settling" maybe we should view it as being more tolerant of others? Just a thought. Not suggesting that anyone should or should not "settle" just wondering if maybe we're looking at things the way we should.

Maybe so when we mean it in terms of living breathing people with feelings, sure. But this time when I was saying "I hate settling" it's more of that I can't tolerate it in myself.

Feeling proud of myself today...my intuition and life experience served me well with that family.
Hopeful I might be able to forge a career from it.
Thinking maybe all that trauma was worth it if I can help more than one other person escape...
Remembering my Mum again today, I knew this week would not be easy with the first Mother's Day but setting foot for the first since she died hit me hard :(.

GraceBlossom said:
Feeling proud of myself today...my intuition and life experience served me well with that family.
Thinking maybe all that trauma was worth it if I can help more than one other person escape...
Remembering my Mum again today, I knew this week would not be easy with the first Mother's Day but setting foot for the first since she died hit me hard :(.

So sorry. It hit me hard as well. Mum died 2 years ago 11th May, and as Mothers day here is at the end of may it was only a couple of weeks after. I went into a supermarket full of all the stuff and I just couldn't stop in there. When I left I found I had put my purse down somewhere in the store and forgotten it. Had to cancel and report all my bank cards and everything to the gendarmes. Then someone found it with all the money and everything inside and handed it in to the cops.

I know how it is when you se all the stuff there and think you won't be buying it. Particularly if some years you were thinking OMG what on earth shall I get this time? A friend told me to buy something like flowers or a candle and have it at home on the day to remember her by. It helped me, sort of. Made me cry, but that's not such a bad thing. Anyway. Hugs to you.

To Jags and Grace,

It's difficult when a special day or anniversary comes around and your loved ones are no longer there. I know from experience how that feels.
Sending you a huge hug from me

1roxw0.jpg

Tulip23 said:
To Jags and Grace,

It's difficult when a special day or anniversary comes around and your loved ones are no longer there. I know from experience how that feels.

1roxw0.jpg

Thanks tulip.. You are always so kind 🌷🌷🌷

It was so nice when I didn't have to kill myself working so I could pay the bills and take care of my kids. But, when your ex is a lazy selfish jackass that doesn't seem to give two shits about his kids and won't help me anymore (other than child support), I guess I'm stuck with killing myself so my kids have most of what they need and a little of what they want.

TheRealCallie said:
It was so nice when I didn't have to kill myself working so I could pay the bills and take care of my kids....I guess I'm stuck with killing myself so my kids have most of what they need and a little of what they want.

I can relate to some of this- I'm lucky that I enjoy what I do and I've no issues taking care of Kid but footing the bill for everything gets a little frustrating.

Sometimes it would be too easy to point out the hypocrisy of people who like to throw stones as they notch up their tough-guy belt, but live in a glass house themselves. Sometimes I think it would be fun to give them a taste of their own medicine and see how they like it. But that's not the kind of person I want to be.

jaguarundi said:
GraceBlossom said:

So sorry. It hit me hard as well. Mum died 2 years ago 11th May, and as Mothers day here is at the end of may it was only a couple of weeks after. I went into a supermarket full of all the stuff and I just couldn't stop in there. When I left I found I had put my purse down somewhere in the store and forgotten it. Had to cancel and report all my bank cards and everything to the gendarmes. Then someone found it with all the money and everything inside and handed it in to the cops.

I know how it is when you se all the stuff there and think you won't be buying it. Particularly if some years you were thinking OMG what on earth shall I get this time? A friend told me to buy something like flowers or a candle and have it at home on the day to remember her by. It helped me, sort of. Made me cry, but that's not such a bad thing. Anyway. Hugs to you.

Thanks again Jag, just been and bought a lovely candle :).

Tulip23 said:
To Jags and Grace,

1roxw0.jpg

Thank you Tulip, that is so sweet of you :)

WildernessWildChild said:
TheRealCallie said:
It was so nice when I didn't have to kill myself working so I could pay the bills and take care of my kids....I guess I'm stuck with killing myself so my kids have most of what they need and a little of what they want.

I can relate to some of this- I'm lucky that I enjoy what I do and I've no issues taking care of Kid but footing the bill for everything gets a little frustrating.

I used to enjoy what I do. Well, I guess I still do a little, but before I didn't have to kill myself to work as much as they will allow.
Between my job and my kids and all the other responsibilities, I very rarely don't have any time for myself. Blue moons happen more. lol

TheRealCallie said:
WildernessWildChild said:
TheRealCallie said:

I used to enjoy what I do. Well, I guess I still do a little, but before I didn't have to kill myself to work as much as they will allow.
Between my job and my kids and all the other responsibilities, I very rarely don't have any time for myself. Blue moons happen more. lol

Yep, it's kind of a kick in the ass when goals you've worked hard to achieve suddenly seem a bit out of reach....I guess there's things that're completely out a persons control (often due to other people) that have the greatest effect. It just makes ya have to dig in a little harder, change a few plans, and accept that some of the things a person wants might not happen. I'd rather be happy and appreciative trying to reach attainable goals than miserable and judgmental living a pipe dream or pissing and moaning over some whimsical ideal....

Latest posts

Back