What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
Kindness from someone you've never met is like ice cream on a warm sunny day - a true delight.
:( Unless you're allergic

Trying to avoid that dark place again (for a good reason today) , and in the far reaches of the braiin thinking about the X-mas card thingy

StarvingZombie said:
EveWasFramed said:
Kindness from someone you've never met is like ice cream on a warm sunny day - a true delight.
:( Unless you're allergic

Trying to avoid that dark place again (for a good reason today) , and in the far reaches of the braiin thinking about the X-mas card thingy

Fine then....an icee :p

Go for the xmas card thingy. :cool: I'm sure whoever you send a card to will be thrilled to get a card from a dead guy. lol :p
But seriously...it was great last year. You should totally do it.

EveWasFramed said:

Go for the xmas card thingy. :cool: I'm sure whoever you send a card to will be thrilled to get a card from a dead guy. lol :p
It's not the actual sending of cards , I should be able to drum up enough change to send them (i will be broke soon) , it's the uncertainty of being associated with a mailbox.

StarvingZombie said:
EveWasFramed said:

It's not the actual sending of cards , I should be able to drum up enough change to send them (i will be broke soon) , it's the uncertainty of being associated with a mailbox.

Oh yeah....I just read your other post. :( Sorry to hear about your recent troubles.

EveWasFramed said:
StarvingZombie said:
EveWasFramed said:

Oh yeah....I just read your other post. :( Sorry to hear about your recent troubles.

That's life , right .

THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. -Hunter S. Thompson

Sundays are my day off from responsibility and the only reliably sane day of the week for me. I use the day predictably with almost monotonous routine: I go to church alone; I eat the same take out, fast food every Sunday in my pickup truck while reading the paper; I see a movie; I browse a bookstore, the hardware stores, the antique stores, the big-box home improvement stores and stock up bulk supplies at Sam's Club. I do a brisk 3 mile walk around a lake.

Six days a week I'm the groundskeeper for my 12 acre rural home. That sounds good. It should be pleasant. We have trees and parklike grounds.....on the 'let's see the faces' page I've posted a pic of myself in front of an apple tree with Asiatic lilies around it. But I hate my life. There, I said it. I say it to myself all the time. I'm the caretaker, I've been the caretaker in one way or another since I walked in on a suicide attempt when I was 5 years old......my mother was half in and half out of a window 9 stories up. Yeah. Dad and my two older brothers had walked out on one more of her depressions.....they weren't to know how bad that one was I guess.....but I walked into the room and saw her with "..the monster face..". That's what I came to call the expression she had. OK, she didn't jump. But it was a melodrama and it was hers and my secret......I could never tell.

A few years later the family got more interesting: she didn't come out of her room for about 2 years. Dad slept in the den where we watched TV; I did the cooking, we all pretended nothing was odd. I was 11 years old when it started. The same formulaic pattern kept repeating itself over and over......her barely managing to function without her bi-polar, manic depression consuming her life; Dad pursuing his career; the 2 older boys avoiding the dramas and me being the caretaker in so many ways. Sigmund Freud would have a field day analyzing our family.

OK, I went off to college and lived independent for 12 years, Dad retired and bought this estate, and Mom had a heart attack. Guess who got asked to come and help? I'll be 60 years old very shortly. Dad's been dead since 2001, the 2 brothers are still avoiding us and here I am.

It's a full time job managing this place, the house was built in 1913...it's 100 years old, we've got 12 acres, I planted an orchard, we own a farm, money isn't an issue. And I hate my life. OK, I'm not thinking about checking out or anything, but I really do not enjoy much of anything.
And that's what I'm thinking right now.

annik said:
The way my fringe is growing out is making me look like I should be in Charlie's angels. The 70's Charlie's angels that is.

Those chicks were hot.

constant stranger said:
Sundays are my day off from responsibility and the only reliably sane day of the week for me. I use the day predictably with almost monotonous routine: I go to church alone; I eat the same take out, fast food every Sunday in my pickup truck while reading the paper; I see a movie; I browse a bookstore, the hardware stores, the antique stores, the big-box home improvement stores and stock up bulk supplies at Sam's Club. I do a brisk 3 mile walk around a lake.

Six days a week I'm the groundskeeper for my 12 acre rural home. That sounds good. It should be pleasant. We have trees and parklike grounds.....on the 'let's see the faces' page I've posted a pic of myself in front of an apple tree with Asiatic lilies around it. But I hate my life. There, I said it. I say it to myself all the time. I'm the caretaker, I've been the caretaker in one way or another since I walked in on a suicide attempt when I was 5 years old......my mother was half in and half out of a window 9 stories up. Yeah. Dad and my two older brothers had walked out on one more of her depressions.....they weren't to know how bad that one was I guess.....but I walked into the room and saw her with "..the monster face..". That's what I came to call the expression she had. OK, she didn't jump. But it was a melodrama and it was hers and my secret......I could never tell.

A few years later the family got more interesting: she didn't come out of her room for about 2 years. Dad slept in the den where we watched TV; I did the cooking, we all pretended nothing was odd. I was 11 years old when it started. The same formulaic pattern kept repeating itself over and over......her barely managing to function without her bi-polar, manic depression consuming her life; Dad pursuing his career; the 2 older boys avoiding the dramas and me being the caretaker in so many ways. Sigmund Freud would have a field day analyzing our family.

OK, I went off to college and lived independent for 12 years, Dad retired and bought this estate, and Mom had a heart attack. Guess who got asked to come and help? I'll be 60 years old very shortly. Dad's been dead since 2001, the 2 brothers are still avoiding us and here I am.

It's a full time job managing this place, the house was built in 1913...it's 100 years old, we've got 12 acres, I planted an orchard, we own a farm, money isn't an issue. And I hate my life. OK, I'm not thinking about checking out or anything, but I really do not enjoy much of anything.
And that's what I'm thinking right now.

You ought to leave. No inheritance or land is worth your happiness in life. Find a new place, a job, & go. It's time to live, man.

Only 43 days left until Christmas
th_goo.gif
I need to stop being so lazy and put up decorations and the tree.

It should be a good day today. It's nice outside, I have a little money to spend, I have the day off and I woke up in a good mood. I need a good day.

Woman, I appreciate you getting back to me...that's professional & professional is good, but I am not a morning person.

Goddamn, at least give a guy enough time to get some breakfast first....

Punisher said:
Only 43 days left until Christmas
th_goo.gif
I need to stop being so lazy and put up decorations and the tree.

Yes!
th_goo.gif
We should! I will let Jaylen put the tree up this weekend.
It will look like poo poo, but she loves to hang the decorations. :p

Oh no, the ******* Christmas countdown is starting already. Sucks.

ladyforsaken said:
I wish I had some sort of talent. I'm such a boring human being.

Your talent is here helping people here and encouraging them to be the best they can be.

As for real life, try your hand at horticultutural stuff or maybe cooking.

Latest posts

Back