What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Triple Bogey said:
my facebook wall is full of people who are boasting about getting pissed !
How boring !

Let me guess; it's a warm sunny day. That's all people can think of doing, including my cousin.

9006 said:
Triple Bogey said:
How boring !

Let me guess; it's a warm sunny day. That's all people can think of doing, including my cousin.

and it's Easter.
We sold loads more booze today than normal. People using Easter as an excuse !

Don't see why people brag about it as though it's something good !

Ah, the holidays. I can already see people beginning to lose their minds.

This weekend will fly by.... slow down please, weekend. Just for a bit.

Hearmenow2012 said:
My Birthday party guest list is beginning to gain momentum. I wonder how long that'll last?

As long as I have my main set of friends there I'll be happy because it's not really about the amount of people for me, but rather the company.

You know what? I just realised I have never been invited to a birthday party.

GraceBlossom said:
^ Big hugs to everyone who needs it. Ladyf I hope you feel better soon, look how far you have come, you are two thirds of the way now ((((((Hugs))))).

Thank you, dear friend. *hugs*
Hope you're well yourself and having a good time with your new kitties!

Peaches said:
I am really the kind of person no one cares for, who knows why...

That's not true.. I care.. even though I'm not always around. *hugs*

PeteBerger said:
I hope it doesn't sound stupid but I was thinking how cool it could be if this site or some other would have profile pages like on a dating site just to make it easier to people find friends here. Because the forum can seem a bit chaotic, scattered all around (for me) and I find it hard to find like minded people to connect with. Also many people doesn't even include basic infos from themselves, and for instance some of them express the need to meet up with someone, but there isn't any location on their (basic) profile page. Also you can't really browse profiles, even if you could most people can't feel the power or simply doesn't bother filling it out. So all am just trying to say is I wish there would be an easier way not to get lost here. :S

Take your time to read and get to know people here. It can be a bit overwhelming in the beginning.. but after you follow some threads and posts by different members, you can kinda start "seeing" some of their characteristics in their posts. Enjoy exploring the forum. And welcome - if I haven't welcomed you yet. :)

Triple Bogey said:
9006 said:
Triple Bogey said:
How boring !

and it's Easter.
We sold loads more booze today than normal. People using Easter as an excuse !

Don't see why people brag about it as though it's something good !

I don't understand why people always want to get wasted during holidays when it's the time they should spend sober and actually enjoying things they don't normally do, but how is there enjoyment when one is drunk?

ladyforsaken said:
I don't understand why people always want to get wasted during holidays when it's the time they should spend sober and actually enjoying things they don't normally do, but how is there enjoyment when one is drunk?

Drinking lessens inhibitions some people may have. As long as they aren't an alcoholic, I don't see a problem with it.

I need to work with my son on saying the word hilarious. It comes out HELL YES. lol

TheRealCallie said:
ladyforsaken said:

Drinking lessens inhibitions some people may have. As long as they aren't an alcoholic, I don't see a problem with it.

I need to work with my son on saying the word hilarious. It comes out HELL YES. lol

Drinking is boring, people who drink and boast about it is boring !

Yawn !

You will find none of them have any hobbies or interests apart from getting pissed during the afternoons. And then they moan about their hangovers. Nobody who drinks looks remotely healthy either.

Triple Bogey said:
TheRealCallie said:
ladyforsaken said:

Drinking is boring, people who drink and boast about it is boring !

Yawn !

You will find none of them have any hobbies or interests apart from getting pissed during the afternoons. And then they moan about their hangovers. Nobody who drinks looks remotely healthy either.

Wrong. People who drink most certainly DO have hobbies and interests. I know many people who drink. They all have hobbies and interests outside of drinking. Even the alcoholics I know have hobbies and interests outside of drinking.
And just because you drink does not mean you aren't healthy.

I will be having a bottle of Budweiser with my tea tonight, it doesn't make me boring.

Awww little Elsa seems to like following me around.

GraceBlossom said:
I will be having a bottle of Budweiser with my tea tonight, it doesn't make me boring.

Awww little Elsa seems to like following me around.

*in* the tea? that makes you very original indeed :)

As a non drinker the only issue I have with drinkers, is when they find out I am a non drinker they feel like its an obligation of theirs to try to convert me and get me to drink. Because I am missing out on something big apparently. And to a certain extent I do agree with the drinkers being "boring" sentiment, again when I get drinkers telling me I can't have fun without a drink, utter dog toss tbh, if you "need" alcohol in your hand to have fun, then yes that makes you pretty boring, if you go out and can have fun without a drink, but choose to drink then you're cool, you know its not a necessary component. I know plenty of people who drink who have hobbies, and can have a good time without the need for it, but I also know plenty of people who absolutely believe that the only way to have a good time after a week of work is to "get on it", "get wasted/smashed/hammered"

zibafu said:
As a non drinker the only issue I have with drinkers, is when they find out I am a non drinker they feel like its an obligation of theirs to try to convert me and get me to drink. Because I am missing out on something big apparently. And to a certain extent I do agree with the drinkers being "boring" sentiment, again when I get drinkers telling me I can't have fun without a drink, utter dog toss tbh, if you "need" alcohol in your hand to have fun, then yes that makes you pretty boring, if you go out and can have fun without a drink, but choose to drink then you're cool, you know its not a necessary component. I know plenty of people who drink who have hobbies, and can have a good time without the need for it, but I also know plenty of people who absolutely believe that the only way to have a good time after a week of work is to "get on it", "get wasted/smashed/hammered"

Now, the friends I have that I go out with do try to get me to drink, but only to include me. Only so I don't feel left out. When they realize I won't change my mind (which doesn't take long) they generally stop trying. I just tell them to see me as the designated driver and it's all good.

My point is that to lump every person that drinks into that category is not only wrong, but insulting. Yes, SOME people can't have fun without drinking. SOME people live their lives drinking to get away from reality. SOME people who drink to excess are unhealthy. But by no means does that mean EVERY person that drinks is.

Latest posts

Back