What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Littlesecret said:
On another note, not to start up another huge discussion about your turn of phrase but saying someone shouldn't be entitled to decency because they say a word you don't like is madness. You can't got round hitting people because you don't agree with their view of you, isn't this just putting you in the category of the "bad boys" you talk about?
I would like to think decency is somewhat innate in human-beings and can change or flourish by environment and I don't believe it's under category of entitlement otherwise what separates us from the wild animals.
You argument is very flawed in my opinion.
You need to start rising above stuff Ska, don't let every little thing make you angry, it's not worth it!

That argument was not what I actually believe. I was just pointing out the double-standard. It isn't that I am mad at people who say words I don't like. I'm mad because they spew a line of thinking I detest. Their pompous, holier-than-thou smugness, it really aggravates me. All I'm saying is, how would they like it if someone turned their line of thinking around on them?

But this isn't even important to me right now.

Littlesecret said:
I'm really sorry to hear about your dog, I was a nervous wreck when my dog had surgery last year but he's fine now and I wish the best for your dog too.

Thanks. Like I said, my dog is all I care about right now. All I want is for them to successfully operate on him and to get him back fine.

TheSkaFish said:
That argument was not what I actually believe. I was just pointing out the double-standard. It isn't that I am mad at people who say words I don't like. I'm mad because they spew a line of thinking I detest. Their pompous, holier-than-thou smugness, it really aggravates me. All I'm saying is, how would they like it if someone turned their line of thinking around on them?

I think you should be asking yourself that same question.

I'm sorry about your dog, as well. There's not a day I don't miss Cupcake or Pudge.

Not going to over think... Not going to over think....

Ah, who am I kidding? It's the only thing I seem to do well these days.

I don't really know how this empathy thing works. My simple presence can hardly be soothing at all.

I am thinking my store manager is an utter bellend.

so I go into work today, the first thing I do is seek him out, cause hes put me down to work this saturday, but since I am grading at my martial arts club I cant work.

I tell him I cant do it cause I am grading and he flips honeysuckle at me shouting at me cause I am not helping him out and cause I dont think my jobs important and cause I'm useless and never do anything for the company.

You know as in well unprofessional attitude, so we had a lovely ten minute argument. With me telling him about all the lovely things I do for him that he never shows any gratitude for, and how Ive made myself available to work any saturday he wants for the last couple of years barring the 4 saturdays in a year when theres gradings, which he agreed to, and this is the ONLY time its ever been a problem because Ive always managed to book my holidays to coincide with grading dates so that its never a problem for him.

He then started bringing my planned trip to china into it with "I am letting you go there" so I am like - oh really, thats why I aint going then because I cant afford it, because for the past year that Ive been saving up you havent given me any more shifts like you said you would - including the saturdays that I said I'd be available for, which is interesting when my supervisor complains every week about how we are short staffed on our section every saturday, but then as soon as I decide I can't afford it and spend half my money on things I need, suddenly its "can you come in saturday, we need you in for this that and everything else"

I then suggested that maybe next time I want a day off (on one of my days I dont actually have to work) I could just do what the majority of staff do and phone in ill instead of doing the honest thing I always do and sorting it properly to which he responded that he'd sack me if I did that, so I said well you better sack 90% of the staff who do it routinely then hadnt you.

The guy is up his own arse, thinks we all owe him or owe the company our blood and sweat, its a minimum wage ******* job ffs, not an epic career.

how do I explain at work that after losing two days with low blood pressure, I fell from the scooter and hurt my hands so bad that I can't draw?

VanillaCreme said:
I'm sorry about your dog, as well. There's not a day I don't miss Cupcake or Pudge.

I know what you mean. The days are just dragging and when we get there, there will be so many things we have to get through just to be "just okay", just to be back where we were before.

Thanks for your concern, though.

"That's the way they talk in Italy, they sing to one another!"

[align=center][video=youtube]

10 more hours left of work. Still need to clean and go to the store and to my parents. Will I get it all done?

JustSomeGal said:
Just hold my hand. You don't have to get any closer than that.

*Grabs hand and doesn't let go*

Peaches said:
how do I explain at work that after losing two days with low blood pressure, I fell from the scooter and hurt my hands so bad that I can't draw?

The way you just did. :\

Hope you'll get better soon from it. Be careful!

Rude people really get my goat. If you're going to stare at me the entire time you're walking towards me, then don't be ignorant and completely blank me when I say "hello".

I just found this by random chance, but I like what it says and I hope maybe some here will find strength from it.

5oybmTK.jpg

Edward W said:
I just found this by random chance, but I like what it says and I hope maybe some here will find strength from it.

5oybmTK.jpg

Fantastic. Thank you for sharing this, Eddy!

I feel like an ******* whenever I enter a room full of strangers (real or virtual) and don't say anything at all - and to cover it up I just play dead as hard as I can. It's always too late when I finally come to a decision...

Oh my God. I shouldn't have looked at that. Makes him look like a demon or something, and I hate honeysuckle like that... I'll be lucky if that sight leaves me by next morning.

Latest posts

Back