What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is it that I'm always given options in life where it only ends up hurting the people I care about? Why can't I have something without causing others hurt, just for once? This is so frustrating and I'm so tired of it. Why can't you just give me one simple thing in life to enjoy with without having to choose one over the other and causing more hurt?

ladyforsaken said:
Why is it that I'm always given options in life where it only ends up hurting the people I care about? Why can't I have something without causing others hurt, just for once? This is so frustrating and I'm so tired of it. Why can't you just give me one simple thing in life to enjoy with without having to choose one over the other and causing more hurt?

sweetie, I don't think it is you who hurt them - I don't know if I know what you are talking about, but if for them to be happy you have to be in a situation of discomfort and unhappiness, then it is not fair for them to be happy, that's my opinion

I know that your intention is never to hurt anyone, and that you will always choose the better option to avoid hurting others, but you have also (like them) a right to live, and you must respect that too, in case that they don't

johnny196775 said:
I am told that i may not find anybody who can listen to heavy metal followed by disco.

I do! as long as it is not drum'n'base some of that gives me an instant headache

Peaches said:
ladyforsaken said:

sweetie, I don't think it is you who hurt them - I don't know if I know what you are talking about, but if for them to be happy you have to be in a situation of discomfort and unhappiness, then it is not fair for them to be happy, that's my opinion

I know that your intention is never to hurt anyone, and that you will always choose the better option to avoid hurting others, but you have also (like them) a right to live, and you must respect that too, in case that they don't

:(

Peaches said:
another day, another jerk…
the alcoholic musician was missing from my collection

....as she slowly wades her way through the herd to the lone wolf on the mountain ;)

Peaches said:
ladyforsaken said:

johnny196775 said:
I am told that i may not find anybody who can listen to heavy metal followed by disco.

I do! as long as it is not drum'n'base some of that gives me an instant headache

Maybe we could talk about music if you want.

WildernessWildChild said:
Peaches said:
another day, another jerk…
the alcoholic musician was missing from my collection

....as she slowly wades her way through the herd to the lone wolf on the mountain ;)

ehm, the lone wolf is me? most probably… oh, crap :O

Johnny, sure! right now I am not so much into heavy metal, (I did have a Metallica phase in my teens) but I do listen to a lot of punk rock sometimes

Peaches said:
...but I do listen to a lot of punk rock sometimes

Sorry to cut in on your conversation between you and Johnny, but I saw that and had to ask - which are some of your faves? I had a really heavy punk rock phase in my early twenties. I do still like it a lot, but my music rotation is just more balanced now.

For me, it was all about Operation Ivy, Crimpshrine, and Rancid. And some others too like Templars, Good Riddance, Gorilla Biscuits, early career Green Day, Millencolin, Ramones, and so on.

oh, no worry :)

in my teens I was into really early stuff, garage bands from the 60ies, the Sonics, Troggs, Stooges and anything Iggy Pop, Can (don't know if you can call them punk rock)
recently (I have to look :) Siouxie and the banshees, Sham 69, Sex pistols of course, Nina Hagen, I guess my all time favorites are Dead Kennedys and Wire, Violent Femmes! and a bunch of bands which names I never remember (dead milkmen? fugazi?)
must say, I listen to that only when I have to get angry and do stuff

ladyforsaken said:

^ Ditto.

All that's mentioned is on my playlist. lol. I have a bit of everything.

My favorites for punk lately: The Queers, Screeching Weasel, Turbonegro.

I've been in bed for 12 hours and I'm still tired. Theses classes are exhausting.

TheSkaFish said:
Thinking that tomorrow's my birthday

Happy (belated) Birthday Ska! =)

Peaches said:
I listen to that only when I have to get angry and do stuff

Ah, yea. What I like about punk is the energy, the passion of it. It just gets me. I used to listen to angrier stuff like Minor Threat and Bad Religion and some others, I liked the music but the lyrics were too bleak. I stopped that because I felt it wasn't good for me, it was bringing me down a bit. Now I just listen to more light-hearted punk stuff.

Locke said:
Happy (belated) Birthday Ska! =)

Thanks. It was okay. It was nice to just hang out with my family, have some cake, watch a movie and just try not to think of all the stuff that's bothering me.

But 28 is weird....I look the same as I did last year, but I definitely feel older. I feel like the 20s are when you're supposed to be well on your way to getting somewhere, have all your adventures and make all your memories, and I'm still here at the starting line. Not only that but I also feel that I've wasted so much time already being upset about various things. The time just went so fast...being little and playing in parks, then getting my dog, then my adolescence and college years, then my 20s...I feel like life is really starting to go. I feel like I've kind of blown it, blown life. I don't know. I've been worrying a lot these last couple years that I've just wasted too much time focusing on the wrong things to really change the course I'm on, that it's too late now to get really good at anything, have some adventures and stories, and be more than just an ordinary person spending the rest of life going to and from work, and the bar, and the couch. I also worry that I didn't appreciate the value of what I had in the past enough (family, friends, youth and time itself), and that now I'm out of chances to do that, now that my family is old, my friends are scattered, and I'm old now myself. I just think about how fast the time has gone and how I've squandered a lot of opportunities already and how old my family is now. It's weird, I'm definitely not ready for this.

TheSkaFish said:
Thanks. It was okay. It was nice to just hang out with my family, have some cake, watch a movie and just try not to think of all the stuff that's bothering me.

That sounds nice. I'm glad you got to spend time with your family.

I understand what you mean about the rest: Every birthday I go through seems more difficult than the last. The curse that comes with youth is that no one appreciates it when they have it. But you're not an old man (and neither am I, lol). You have an entire year to chase your dreams before the next one hits. It's an opportunity that you shouldn't waste, or you'll kick yourself on your next birthday.

This isn't aimed at you, I just thought it was funny: I was talking to someone on the phone, and she told me that her 5 year old cousin said, "I've been waiting my whole life for this!" Lol! Your whole life? Wow, 5 years is such a long time. A 50 year old might read this and think that you and I are fools for talking about being old. It's all a matter of perspective I guess, but we've both got plenty of years ahead of us.

I'm 43 & feel like I have merely climbed to the first set of branches of the tree of life, I sit amongst the lower boughs looking at the many options left yet to explore, & also marvelling at making it this far........or at least in my more positive moments I think this way.

Age is a state of mind, as is punk.

Latest posts

Back