What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HoodedMonk said:
Tealeaf said:
I always feel bad for people who ask for PC hardware help online. All the gamers and computer geeks are so obsessed with their own dream builds that they potentially lose a lot of people a lot of money by recommending expensive gaming PCs and high-end graphics cards before they ever find out what someone intends to play, what their current specs are, and whether or not a cheap upgrade would suffice. Chances are a lot of these people could play something like Amnesia: The Dark Descent as-is on their current PCs if they're just getting into PC gaming.

When I first bought my macbook air, they told me I couldn't play Second Life on it. I went home and I played it for 3 years.

People should try to play games before they fancy up their computers. :shy:

I've played Mass Effect in bed on my notebook when I had a strained neck. I notice that those "Can My PC Run It?" websites smudge their numbers, including from what official documentation says, and then conveniently offer you their very own solutions. Never looked into just what they were selling, but it's dishonest business and doesn't bode well.

Shame to see form over function in technology any day, though. Maybe if I ever need to get hired in a positon where I select new hardware I'll tell this story and give a knowing nudge and a wink. I got what'chu want, boss, and cheap... !

Tealeaf said:
I've played Mass Effect in bed on my notebook when I had a strained neck. I notice that those "Can My PC Run It?" websites smudge their numbers, including from what official documentation says, and then conveniently offer you their very own solutions.

Yeah and one of their solutions just happens to be some software that can help you run the game with no problem. I feel bad for people who fall for it.

BeyondShy said:
Tealeaf said:
I've played Mass Effect in bed on my notebook when I had a strained neck. I notice that those "Can My PC Run It?" websites smudge their numbers, including from what official documentation says, and then conveniently offer you their very own solutions.

Yeah and one of their solutions just happens to be some software that can help you run the game with no problem. I feel bad for people who fall for it.

There's a lot of technology illiterate people out there. Probably a lot do. Heck, I would. That's how little I know about technology.

HoodedMonk said:
BeyondShy said:
Tealeaf said:

There's a lot of technology illiterate people out there. Probably a lot do. Heck, I would. That's how little I know about technology.

Just don't download more RAM.

Tealeaf said:
I always feel bad for people who ask for PC hardware help online. All the gamers and computer geeks are so obsessed with their own dream builds that they potentially lose a lot of people a lot of money by recommending expensive gaming PCs and high-end graphics cards before they ever find out what someone intends to play, what their current specs are, and whether or not a cheap upgrade would suffice. Chances are a lot of these people could play something like Amnesia: The Dark Descent as-is on their current PCs if they're just getting into PC gaming.

I suppose I am one of those 'computer geeks' and I'd never recommend anything without finding out that person's specific needs first. Some people are happy playing games in low resolution and a sub-60fps frame rate. Some people demand a 60fps frame rate, but are happy to play on low detail settings. Other people demand 60fps, 4k and the highest IQ possible. There is no one-size-fits-all solution.

In the end, it's best to get as many opinions as possible and then decide for yourself.

user 130057 said:
Tealeaf said:

I suppose I am one of those 'computer geeks' and I'd never recommend anything without finding out that person's specific needs first. Some people are happy playing games in low resolution and a sub-60fps frame rate. Some people demand a 60fps frame rate, but are happy to play on low detail settings. Other people demand 60fps, 4k and the highest IQ possible. There is no one-size-fits-all solution.

In the end, it's best to get as many opinions as possible and then decide for yourself.

Well, not all the computer geeks. :p

the solution for a simple life: never, ever get personal with anyone..
god I am depressed

Tealeaf said:
user 130057 said:
Tealeaf said:

Well, not all the computer geeks. :p

I have to be honest and say that I have come across several of the people you are referring to. The amount of useless/incorrect information that I have come across on tech forums is frankly stunning ;)

I'm still so clueless about how relationships are suppose to start out or how they're suppose to be. Nothing is like the movies.... haha! ugh.. I'm 28 and I seriously have no clue. I don't like feeling lonely and I wonder if I'm really suppose to fix myself completely before I can be happy with someone. If that's really the case I'll be alone forever. I just feel like I'll be dead soon and I'm wasting away the years I'm suppose to be having fun. Hopefully I can snap out of it soon because I know I'm the only one in the way of my own happiness.

Niave said:
I'm still so clueless about how relationships are suppose to start out or how they're suppose to be. Nothing is like the movies.... haha! ugh.. I'm 28 and I seriously have no clue. I don't like feeling lonely and I wonder if I'm really suppose to fix myself completely before I can be happy with someone. If that's really the case I'll be alone forever. I just feel like I'll be dead soon and I'm wasting away the years I'm suppose to be having fun. Hopefully I can snap out of it soon because I know I'm the only one in the way of my own happiness.

I struggled with this as well. Thinking i need to first fix myself completely before i would be able to enter a relationship. But there will always be something to fix, it goes on for eternity. Learning is a lifelong process etc. etc. For this reason, i figured a relationship could be for anyone at any stage, a companion along the lifelong road of learning. I know that's not what relationships are about either, but the point is that, no matter how much we might need to fix, we're good enough regardless, including for any potential partners.

Uhh...I did not need to see this. At least I got a tough stomach when it comes down to unappetizing sights.

So tomorrow is that day of the year again when everyone else who have friends will have a great & fun time in my country, except me. Alone every time it comes.

Rosebolt said:
Niave said:

I struggled with this as well. Thinking i need to first fix myself completely before i would be able to enter a relationship. But there will always be something to fix, it goes on for eternity. Learning is a lifelong process etc. etc. For this reason, i figured a relationship could be for anyone at any stage, a companion along the lifelong road of learning. I know that's not what relationships are about either, but the point is that, no matter how much we might need to fix, we're good enough regardless, including for any potential partners.

Thanks! Reading that actually made me feel a little better. I'm just crazy and over think everything.

Latest posts

Back