What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was I thinking about that was so urgent 20 minutes ago? Must not have been that urgent. Oh well.
I really wish I could hold on to what I said about calling the pip everyday. But dammit, the boy is so erratic. And the time difference doesn't help. He's great at picking the minute after I fall asleep to call. I do want to help you child, but we need to fix this.

Finally the weekend, but oh where's all my motivation gone?? Great...

You can become quiet all you want. It's the truth. If you're too stuck in your own ways, that's your problem. You want to live in the olden days where certain people didn't have any rights, you go ahead. But the world doesn't stop for you or people like you.

I'm thinking that I should probably make tea... oh, and being stimulated by an earlier post I decided to go and buy a fastfood which I had only seen in photos. Yup, they never look ANYTHING like the photos. Sigh.

Does this guy still live here? Or is he dead in his room? Either way, peace and quiet, lol.

"I had to call! I had a dream that I couldn't call you or get through to you no matter how much I tried, and I just couldn't stop crying! You will remember to answer your phone and not make me cry won't you?"
I do love you mama. Emotional blackmail or not. :D

Sigh. I leave my phone alone for only one goddam hour in this whole week and promptly get called by a company, but see it just 5 minutes too late to call back. Well, that's life for ya.

Whatever, let's mow some lawn.

An unsettling number of people out there don't know about imposter syndrome but wind up identifying with it when I point it out... which is troubling as far as STEM students go.

Tealeaf said:
An unsettling number of people out there don't know about imposter syndrome but wind up identifying with it when I point it out... which is troubling as far as STEM students go.

It's quite sad really, but it's a societal problem.

Aisha said:
Tealeaf said:

How so?

Tealeaf said:

I didnt know about it either until now.
And it sounds like I actually have it. :eek:

Tealeaf said:
Aisha said:
Tealeaf said:

How so?

Society does try to cut down those who do well. It makes them lessen their achievements, even in their own minds. I know many people who feel not just envy, but an inexplicable anger at those who they perceive to be doing better than them, which I find quite alarming. Tall poppy syndrome. There are many, many people who have done, and will do far better than me, but I would never want them to belittle their achievements because it might make me or someone else uncomfortable. And I think that perhaps that is what happens to some of those who are successful. Over time, in trying not to offend others by being obvious about their success, they feel they aren't deserving of it to begin with.

Latest posts

Back