What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was listening to a song just now, and there was a line that really stood out to me that I've really been thinking about.
Fearing to fall and still the ground below me calls.

I wish migraines wouldn't incapacitate me like this. The literal mind numbing pain isn't the biggest issue. The wasting of my time that occurs because of it is what's most difficult.

Aisha said:
I wish migraines wouldn't incapacitate me like this. The literal mind numbing pain isn't the biggest issue. The wasting of my time that occurs because of it is what's most difficult.

+1

Maybe I got a sense of rhythm after all. Or maybe I'm just applying it in a useful manner for the first time.

It was 10 years before I could sit down and watch the horrific news videos again of 9/11. It still feels like a punch in the gut even now, 15 years later.

Oh look, such a nice, large hole I just dug myself into. It's fairly comfortable here. I think I'll stay. Mostly because I don't have a choice.

Paraiyar said:
Today I was walking through town with my guitar and I swear this really attractive girl smiled at me but by the time I realized it was too late. I hate how it always happens like this. This girl was beautiful as well. Maybe she was just smilong in my general direction but it felt like it was because of the guitar.

I hate how I always seem to miss these opportunities.

She probably was smiling at you, because of the guitar. That is a thing, after all. Something that makes a person interesting, makes them stand out. Next time you might as well strike up a conversation. Maybe if you walk that way another time, you might see her again.

Reached out to someone again that I haven't talked to in a long time. I just wasn't feeling talkative because of anxiety and stress, and I didn't want to bring them down if I wasn't feeling good. It's been so long but I hope they write back.

Realizing the only reason I make friends is because I make it easy for them. I'm easy to talk to. I'll reach out. Give support without being prompted. Show that i care. I am fairly forgiving. I serve a specific role and function. That's all. I am a good friend and I make friends easily.

But why then, am I never worth anything more than basic platonic relationships? Why am i so easily passed over by everyone while they search for someone else? Why is there never a real answer? How do I experience this constant rejection and not feel resentful and looked down on by everyone?

Maybe im being unrealistic and its unfair to expect anything more. Wish i could be as satisfied as i probably should be with what i do get.

Yeah yeah. Woe is me... fresia you.

TheSkaFish said:
Paraiyar said:
Today I was walking through town with my guitar and I swear this really attractive girl smiled at me but by the time I realized it was too late. I hate how it always happens like this. This girl was beautiful as well. Maybe she was just smilong in my general direction but it felt like it was because of the guitar.

I hate how I always seem to miss these opportunities.

She probably was smiling at you, because of the guitar. That is a thing, after all. Something that makes a person interesting, makes them stand out. Next time you might as well strike up a conversation. Maybe if you walk that way another time, you might see her again.

Won't happen again, this was smack bang in the middle of town.

After a nice long chat on Skype, I'm thinking that I couldn't possibly feel any better than I do right now. It was basically all day, and really made me happy!:)

SofiasMami said:
It was 10 years before I could sit down and watch the horrific news videos again of 9/11. It still feels like a punch in the gut even now, 15 years later.

Occasionally I'll voluntarily watch video footage of 9-11, I'm not sure why. I'll never forget where I was and what I was doing that morning. I suppose I gaze at the awful images from time to time to maybe harden my attitude because something that profane will probably happen again and if it does I'd rather not be paralyzed by the horror of it.

constant stranger said:
SofiasMami said:

Occasionally I'll voluntarily watch video footage of 9-11, I'm not sure why. I'll never forget where I was and what I was doing that morning. I suppose I gaze at the awful images from time to time to maybe harden my attitude because something that profane will probably happen again and if it does I'd rather not be paralyzed by the horror of it.

I still remember that day when the world changed. Along with all the horror that has come with it.

Latest posts

Back