What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering that nothing good has happened recently, I'm feeling oddly optimistic all of a sudden.

Not that it sucks to watch movies alone, but after a few years, it starts to feel bloody lonely in the **** theatre hall.

DarkSelene said:
beautiful loser said:
user 130057 said:
I'm always going to be cookie dough.

LOL..I worked with this girl that called me "cookie dough" as it was her endearment of choice.  I thought it was cute.  Kinda miss hearing it, to be honest.

What does it mean or where did she take it from? I'm truly curious now.

Selene, to be honest she said it didn't mean anything.  It popped into her head, as she was walking by me, and just said it.  I did think it was kinda odd, at first,  but she kept me calling me that and it stuck.  And no, it didn't come from Buffy ;)

beautiful loser said:
Selene, to be honest she said it didn't mean anything.  It popped into her head, as she was walking by me, and just said it.  I did think it was kinda odd, at first,  but she kept me calling me that and it stuck.  And no, it didn't come from Buffy ;)

It's quite cute!

I'm sorry that I have to do this with you and I'll be the bad guy if you need one... but please, get well soon.

I hope I can grant her wish and make sure this event doesn't change how we all were together, but I don't know if I can. I don't know what will change exactly, I don't exactly have a plan for this situation.
But I love her and her sister so much, I'll die to make sure that what was taken from them is given back as much as it can.
Whatever force or god might exist in the universe, help me give them back their childhoods.

It's really frustrating how everything around here has to be timed perfectly. Eating, getting a cup of coffee or tea, asking a question, anything. I can't just go about my day. If there is already a problem, I have to just wait until things calm down like waiting for a storm to pass. Leaving my room at the wrong times usually results in being sucked into some kind of argument. When I see that is starting to happen, I just don't say anything and leave. Then I get criticized for doing that, but at that point I'm not sure what else I can do. I feel like I can either stay and explode, or leave without saying anything and try to just ignore the things people say that bother me. I figure that between those two options, ignoring it is best.

fresia. I really hope I have enough in me to find some way to turn out better than my parents did financially. Hearing them piss and moan and squabble about bills and money all the time is seriously depressing and really poisons what little self-confidence I have.

It makes me feel like failure and losing is in my blood, so my destiny can't be anything else. I know that sounds terrible but that is honestly how it makes me feel. Why should I be able to do any better when they couldn't, especially because there were no other factors like alcohol, drugs, crime, gambling or any other vices? It's one of those things that's always made me feel white-hot angry but also powerless at the same time.

And I still don't feel like I have a natural aptitude for anything - which is another thing that feeds into the fear that I'm inherently a loser. The only things I can think of to do are all really expensive, time-consuming, very stressful, and at the end, things I'd have no more passion for than the business degree I already have, meaning I'd probably still be angry, but just a little more comfortable and probably drunk a whole lot more. That's what I see myself doing when I move out, a lot of drinking and not much else.

I just don't know what to do. I wish there was a clear sign for something other than give up completely, but I can't see it.

TheRealCallie said:
Wouldn't it help if you were bringing in some money too?

Not really.  Unless I were making a very high amount of money, it simply would not be enough to make any effective positive impact on the problem - which only adds to the sense of futility hanging in the air around here.

TheSkaFish said:
TheRealCallie said:

Not really.  Unless I were making a very high amount of money, it simply would not be enough to make any effective positive impact on the problem - which only adds to the sense of futility hanging in the air around here.

I don't see how it wouldn't help. Even if you just got a minimum wage job, that would be around $20,000 extra a year.  I'm sorry, but having been poor and working my way out of it, that IS a lot of help.

TheRealCallie said:
TheSkaFish said:
TheRealCallie said:

I don't see how it wouldn't help. Even if you just got a minimum wage job, that would be around $20,000 extra a year.  I'm sorry, but having been poor and working my way out of it, that IS a lot of help.

I don't think we're going to agree on this, so I don't really have anything else left to say.

There's nothing to agree on, anyone will tell you the same. If you don't like them arguing and complaining about money, you can either help them out by getting a job or move out. It's really that simple.

TheRealCallie said:
There's nothing to agree on, anyone will tell you the same.  If you don't like them arguing and complaining about money, you can either help them out by getting a job or move out.  It's really that simple.

I really just wrote it to vent, not to talk about solutions because I don't think there are any.

I agree with Callie, Ska. An extra $20,000 would be super helpful in paying bills, it would mean you are contributing to your family and you'd be bumping into them less, both of those things are going to lead to a better relationship with them. I really think you should listen to her.

Latest posts

Back