What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I'm the only person you have to talk to about this crap, then maybe you shouldn't treat me like honeysuckle until you need something from me. (not forum related, psycho family member)

kaetic said:
If I'm the only person you have to talk to about this crap, then maybe you shouldn't treat me like honeysuckle until you need something from me. (not forum related, psycho family member)

No, please, bring a hose, it'll make the spreading of it easier and depending on your technical skills, we can make a flamethrower. :)

TheRealCallie said:
I get the feeling they are all trying to hook me up..... :club:

Cable tv?

Seems like this is going to e a long night... 12 homes in my street, all of them quiet nice young couples and I got the home next to the party animal who is loud all night long :(.

Also, you **** kids get off my lawn!

Before, I didn't know that I knew nothing, or that there was even anything to know about talking to people. I thought you just talked and that was it. But now, I'm aware of how little I know in terms of how to say the right things, in the right way, and I second-guess myself, always wondering if what I said sounds good or at least passable for having a real conversation, or if I'm still coming off like some kind of awkward idiot, a second-class citizen, a low-status person, a loser. I don't want to be chained down in that social role for my whole life, but I don't know how to break free of it. The most common ways seem to be being funny, which I've never known how to do or been in the mood for - and coming off like I have power, which I've never been able to do because I've never felt like I have any power. The only other thing I can think of is to be good at something and demonstrate some kind of intellectual depth, but even if I can, that won't happen overnight. I don't know what it is, but I'm beyond tired of this difficulty I have in connecting, and the stupid impression that I make without meaning to, but make anyway because I don't know how to come off as anything else.

Yesterday I was having a small discussion with my bf. Nothing relevant. But it's when he, in the middle of the conversation, sat down on the floor in front of me (I was sitting on the floor) to come sit at the same eye height as me, that I realised how .. I don't know what the word is, but I'll go with nice, it is.

Some of you might know about the tales of my ex-bf. How he emotionally abused me and yada yada. But that moment yesterday really struck me.

It's really weird to finally be with someone who wants to get the same out of a relationship as you do. Sadly, I wish I could stop feeling like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Like he's suddenly going to realise that he really doesn't want to be with me. But I guess it's just my insecurity that likes to ruin things for myself.

Latest posts

Back