What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope can get space to fix my years of crippling self-doubt and negative beliefs, instead of getting completely messed over. I am really worried that I will get the latter. But I can't just flip a switch and say hey, I believe in my ability to do well now, I have confidence now, after feeling like I was powerless for my entire life, I just flipped a switch and made it all go away. I can't just snap my fingers and go from a mess of self-doubt and hopelessness to a functioning adult. No one understands. It's really frustrating.

Do you know what I would need to make the change? I'd need to disprove my old narrative. I'd need to break it, I'd need to make things happen that show it's not true. I need to start winning. That's the only way I can rise above it.

'He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.'

I should always try and keep that in mind...

I never thought about this so much before, but reading about something or educating myself about some subject is never a waste, even if it's a solitary activity in itself. Knowledge in general helps keep conversations going, and can randomly help about making/maintaining connections with people.. I keep quiet when I feel I don't know enough about something, which is often.

Sick and tired of work - having to clear people's shitty work ethics, get yelled at for other people's honeysuckle, having to do service recovery for other people. No, I didn't sign up for this. I'm quite exhausted now. I think it's time to take a look at my options.

Taking Mom in to the hospital for a cardiac stress test this morning. 92 years old and for years she's been saying that she's ready to die. Years? I found her out on a ledge 9 stories up, when I was 5. I'm still doing my duty for her almost 60 years later but I don't have much fondness left for her. When she's gone she'll be leaving behind a lot of unpleasant memories and only a few nice ones.

I think I've finally found the line between dream and reality. And now to put the plan into action.

I think the one thing that I'd really appreciate in life would be to have someone that I can talk to and talk with, to have them give me their best insight on things, and to be able to say absolutely anything between the two of us. That's something I haven't had in anyone. It would be nice.

BeyondShy said:
Just once I'd like to say to myself 'I got a big weekend coming up.'

I remember my life changed for the better socially, when I invited people I liked as acquantancies over to my house for a small get together. I just took the plunge. I had a good time and am close friends with one of the women now, one I was friends with for a while but we didn't see the same as what a good friend is.

But this lead to me meeting other people, as I got invited to places and just relaxed and enjoyed myself.

Yes Ma'am, I know who you are. I know exactly who you are. But I can't be deferential to you. We're here for the same reason, and that's not you.

I watched the latest 'Beauty and The Beast' trailer. It looks so lovely, it was my favourite animated film when I was younger and probably still is. I love the story....I am such a girl.

Latest posts

Back