What are you thinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be glad when the ground stops moving under my feet, I don't know how much more I can cope with

Jently said:
I'll be glad when the ground stops moving under my feet, I don't know how much more I can cope with

Hugs I know that feeling very well.  Try and remember it will pass, just try and hold on.  Look after yourself x

Serenia said:
Jently said:

Hugs I know that feeling very well.  Try and remember it will pass, just try and hold on.  Look after yourself x

Thanks Serenia. A few kind words are balm for the soul x

So the saga continues with my best friend in london, divorce finalized last monday, her dads given a do not resuscitate order on her gran so shes gonna die shortly, social services hassling her cause her child had an accident. Today, she crashed her car, front ends a mess, shes fine but bruised, repairable more than likely but gonna cost her a lot of money, money she doesnt have.

Was fairly close to just jumping on the train down to her today. But since its christmas time, I cant get the time off, i'd probably get fired if I just upped and went

Been really hard to keep her spirits up from 250 miles away, been trying to reassure her but every time I do something else happens.

Recorded an acoustic rendition of queens "you're my best friend" for her a few days ago, managed to cheer her up a little but its not enough.

Shes meant to be coming up here for a week on boxing day, dropping the kids at their dads, and crashing at my house and some other peoples. But I dunno if thats gonna happen now with her car being a mess.

I really think 2017 is gonna go down as the year thats been honeysuckle for everyone

beautiful loser said:
^ Zib, I've read some of the crap you've gone through over the past couple of months and hope things get better for you in the coming weeks.  Hang in there, bud.

The stuff in my last post technically isnt anything to do with me, but my mate in london, shes my best friend, one of those few people in my life outside of family I truly care about.  So when shes going through honeysuckle it bums me out big time.

But yeah the other stuff - the honeysuckle at works been dealt with, I got a written warning, but its all backfired on the girl at work since shes been sleeping with one of the new managers, a manager who signed an agreement about not fraternizing.  And I brought it all to the attention to the boss after he gave me the disciplinary.

Normally I wouldnt bother, but she was faking being injured to get me in trouble, I put her in a light wrist lock whilst wrestling with her and her complaint was I hurt her shoulder, demonstrated it on my boss and another manager and had to explain the skeletal structure/mechanics to them so they understood why its impossible to hurt the shoulder from that position.  Boss has agreed Ive been stitched up but his hands are tied by our head offices ruling on the matter.

Now hes investigating them two for their innapropiate relationship.  And for some other honeysuckle shes been saying/doing

So they are getting their commupence, and she'll be ******* gone in 2 weeks. :club:

Haven't been out lately and it feels lonely. I know it's temporary and it will pass. I really can't wait till I see my sister in about a week and a half. *sigh*

I'm the type of person who tries to be sincere.  I try not to say something unless I mean it, so if I say something good to someone, it's real.  And when someone tells me good things about me, I believe it too.  I want to believe they really mean it, and aren't just trying to get me to orbit them so they have someone to use for compliments and attention and to feel superior to, setting a limit on my potential without even giving me a chance to have a real, meaningful interaction.  I don't want to be insulted with that treatment, especially because I am really trying to figure out how to be someone who is worth something even though it's not easy. I'm trying to be their equal, not their inferior, and I want to believe we were genuinely enjoying each other's company, and it wasn't just some stupid, immature power game.  I hope people are better than that.  If you genuinely like something about me, tell me so. But if you think you're better than me, don't even talk to me if you've made up your mind ahead of time that anything I say or do is only worth so much and can't possibly be worth any more, and you're just going to patronize me instead of treating me like an equal and allowing even the possibility for an interaction with me to be meaningful. I'd rather just be bullied again, because at least that's honest, and I can hit you back. Better yet, leave me alone in the first place.  I despised the social elites growing up because I thought they had ugly personalities, but at least you knew where you stood with them, I have to give them that. I don't want to be patronized to, I don't want pity, I don't want to be thought of as an orbiter, a second-class citizen, a permanent, natural inferior. fresia that role, that is not what I am. I know I'm worth more than that, or at least I could be, because I just have to have it in me to be worth more than that. It's important to me.   But the idea that people like this exist is making me freak out because it has me second-guessing a lot of things, basically any interaction I've ever had with any peer-aged women more advanced than me.  I can't tell if some of the things that felt like genuine interactions and really made me feel good, were real or not.  I want to believe they were real but I just don't know.

^"More advanced than me."

Makes them sound like an ancient alien techonological superpower or something lol...

Paraiyar said:

Makes them sound like an ancient alien techonological superpower or something lol...

I mean someone with more interesting conversation pieces and stories, more sophisticated and worldly, more depth and development to their personality.

TheSkaFish said:
Paraiyar said:

I mean someone with more interesting conversation pieces and stories, more sophisticated and worldly, more depth and development to their personality.

Yeah but the way you talk about it like it's a perfectly measurable quantity is kinda strange when some of those things are subjective.

I'm thinking about what a terrible 6 weeks it's been.

Firstly, a pipe in the bathroom sprang a leak and flooded my kitchen ruining the cupboards.

Right after getting that fixed up, my washing machine basically exploded... and flooded my kitchen. Cue buying another with more money I don't have.

Still, things will get better right? Nope... a couple of days after that my laptop finally gave up the ghost.

It could be worse. Someone could've died... which they did the very next day. My nana who has been there for me my entire life and never lived more than a mile away died suddenly. It basically shut me down for a week during which we had to clear her entire rented property of everything. Painful.

Right around the funeral, the pump on my boiler died and shut down my central heating leaving me in a freezing cold house and with another massive bill.

Two days after that my dad got rushed into hospital with an undiagnosed heart problem and he's got to have surgery on Friday.

Yesterday, a pipe froze and burst... the plumber came and half sorted it but cannot fully repair it until Friday, cue another huge bill and no drinking water.

I guess I've got no choice other than to keep on keeping on, but sometimes it's difficult not to feel like you're the punchline to some cosmic joke. Sigh. I'm still not going to let it ruin my Christmas.

Latest posts

Back