What are your future goals?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naleena

Reaction score
As someone once said, you don't plan to fail, you fail to plan. I think it is good to have life goals both long term and short term. What are your goals? What would you like to see accomplished in your life?
I have my life planned out over the next 5 years. I won't put you through all that so I'll keep it short and sweet by listing only 4.

1. Get my Masters
2. Work in a low income clinic and do some volunteer work
3. Have some time to start a relationship
4. Learn martial arts

Get a job
Work up $3500
Pay off my debts
Move to my endless love in California
Finish my first book
Live happily ever after

1. Get BS in Accounting then Masters in Forensic Accounting
2. Pass CPA exam and get job
3. Hoard money in a stock account
4. Finally fix my skin so I can go to the beach again
5. Eat sushi more often and travel to Asia, and Middle East
6. Get a six pack lol
7. Find a wife or girlfriend- I am equal opportunity- any ethnicity
8. Be really proficient in arabic in 3 years
9. If I dont get a job- join Navy or Coast Guard

Isn't it always about the money? At least for me it is...If I had a solid secure full-time job with great benefits, I would survive but I'm in a situation where I can't find a job because I have a felony in 1992. So I always dream about having that "good job." But since I can't find one, my future looks like a disaster, I'm already living it.

The thing that kills me is that I use to have everything but lost it all due to my drug addiction, now since I'm sober, I think all day long about how I could of prevented the loss, or think about where it went all wrong and the "should of, could of and would of.">the real killers.

1. Get a degree in Business
2. Get a job to bring in some money in order to continue my education at a later date
3. If I'm not already in one, attempt to form a relationship
4. hopefully be in a position to where I can climb the job ladder and live a comfortable lifestyle.

I actually have an answer for this...

1) Retire (most important)
2) Buy some ranch property
3) Start a small animal shelter
4) Smoke my pipe
5) Play my guitar
6) Die happy

I would like to start a family but for that I need to start talking to women...so let's make that goal number one. I want to take good care of my mom too, and both these unfortunately require a job of some sort. What seems to be dominating much of my thinking lately is to not become some bloodless, corporate tool. I would like to maybe become an electrician or some sort of construction worker...something dignified like that, where the main part of your job isn't putting up with others' bullshit.

More immediately, I just want to get through the final exams, afterward get a drivers' licence and learn how to take proper care of my bicycle. Also, making a friend/hanging out with someone is also something I'd like to do soon cuz I'm feeling a whole lot more alone these days.

But every plan usually goes to honeysuckle...or you just plain forget about them. I asked my mom the other day what she thinks happens to losers in life, and she gave me an answer which was very low on BS. She said nothing really bad happens, they just sort of putter through life. I think that's what I'm doing now, and I think many of the people here are doing the same. How bad this seems kind of depends on the day I guess. On the one hand it's kind of my worst fear to remain loveless and alone like this for the rest of my days, but on the other hand, isn't "puttering through life" what everybody's doing? So what if you're not 'successful'. Mediocre people like me really don't have any big plans or dreams, so what more do could you really ask for?

Latest posts

Back