What do you do for a living?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sway

Reaction score
Hey, I just kinda wanted to get to know people better, soo here's me first, I just started University this year, trying my best to graduate, and hopefully get a job in the IT sector =/

What do you do for a living? or what do you plan on doing?

School right now. Only 2 semesters left, so I graduate at the end of Fall 2010.

After that...if things go right, Army/Air Force. If things go wrong, high school teacher.

----Steve

I work in a grocery store bakery, I bake some, but mostly package, label, and stock. Not very exciting but I enjoy it.

In normal terms:

I'm a programmer, and a geek.

In official "this-title-makes-me-sound-important" terms:

I'm a software engineer / consultant working on 3D graphics simulations, games, and general business / reporting applications.

I work at a community drug service on a volunteering project as a co-ordinator. Basically I am in charge of the recruitment of volunteers (who are socially excluded adults), facilitating a 6 week induction course for them to motivate & boost their confidence/knowledge, then 'manage'/'supervise' the volunteers whilst they are in their placements...and then at the end of the 6 months I have to help them find employment within the health & social care field. :)

I love my job. Not sure where I want to be in the future...either Social worker or mental health nurse. Haven't quite decided just yet.

I take care of my nephews before and/or after school. I have no "real job" as I don't get paid by my sister, my choice... well and she couldn't afford me ;) I take care of them full time in the summer and during all school breaks.

I used to teach English. I've been a stay at home mom for 10 years now, and am working on a novel, several short stories and a children's book which an editor/friend has told me "has promise."

I'm also an aspiring painter/illustrator and a wannabe chef. lol

Ovid lol, we're fellow Softies, i'm working on my degree right now

Badjedidude said:

After that...if things go right, Army/Air Force. If things go wrong, high school teacher.

----Steve

(yes, I know it's old and yes, I bumped it)

I guess things neither went right nor wrong, since you aren't doing either of these? :D

I collect bottles and cans out of dumpsters and throw them in my shopping cart and go to the bottle depot a couple of times a day. Me and the guys like to splurge on a couple of cans of Colt 45 at the end of a long day and laugh at all the people paying out the big bucks for their new cars and stuff like that :D

Unemployed right now and I want to go in the R&D.

Unfortunately I have a software development interview on Monday..

Interesting topic. When work is available, I'd like to do Security. I've some work experience thanks to the Olympics. Before that I fixed XBox 360's for a few months. Was a fairly fun job. Shame some of the workers were asses, including a friend that I've known for over 5 years. Most of the time I am "Actively seeking employment"

It's the price I pay for reasons I wont get into :p

EveWasFramed said:

I guess things neither went right nor wrong, since you aren't doing either of these?

Hey... One can never tell where life will take them. :p

As it stands, I consider teaching college to be a step above teaching high school --and that's for ME personally. So.... Things went... not quite wrong???

Electrician apprentice...though like most of us in the city I'm looking for a job right now.

Badjedidude said:
EveWasFramed said:
Badjedidude said:

----Steve

I guess things neither went right nor wrong, since you aren't doing either of these? :D

Hey... One can never tell where life will take them. :p

As it stands, I consider teaching college to be a step above teaching high school --and that's for ME personally. So.... Things went... not quite wrong???

I feel much safer with you as a teacher :p, but I think you did good for yourself.

Latest posts

Back