What do you eat in the evening after you come back from work ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnylife33

Reaction score
I have diabetes , therefore i have to be really careful about my diet

I have solved my breakfast issues

These are all the foods i have selected for break fast

Oats , millets , eggs , diabetic friendly protein drinks

i have also solved my lunch issues ...

i have decided to eat wheat chapattis with vegetables

Dinner is also ok

Chapattis with vegetables and a good salad with olive oil ...

progress has been satisfactory up to now ...

But evening when i come back home from work ...

I have all sorts of cravings ...

I don't know what to eat during those times that is a bit diabetic friendly

Please help

I haven't seen much snacks like that here in India

So let me check if such things are available here ...

Maybe i should simply eat some egg omelette with wheat bread ...

Other than that , right now i cant think of any practical solutions :)

I haven't seen much snacks like that here in India

So let me check if such things are available here ...

Maybe i should simply eat some egg omelette with wheat bread ...

Other than that , right now i cant think of any practical solutions :)
Oh yeah, I'm not really sure what they have elsewhere. In America, there are A LOT of options.

What about just doing snacks things like pretzels or hummus and chips/veggies, nuts, yogurt, cheese and crackers

I am trying to control both sugar and cholesterol ...

So i am trying to avoid some food that are high in fat too

Its ok , i will keep looking for better alternatives :)

Lately I like to have sauteed chicken hearts or livers with garlic, onion and brown rice.
Not every day of course but a few times a month.
Tastes good, is high quality protein, and is rather inexpensive.

EDIT:
Is great with cumin, paprika, and oregano...

I am trying to control both sugar and cholesterol ...

So i am trying to avoid some food that are high in fat too

Its ok , i will keep looking for better alternatives :)
Yeah, like I said, I'm not sure what is actually available to you. Here, all of the options I listed have low and/or no fat/sugar options

What about dark chocolate? That doesn't have much sugar or fat at all and you could make a lot of things with it. Do you have sugar substitutes there? Can you cook/bake to make your own treats?

I've a deep and undying love for Indian food. I'm guessing you are a vegetarian?.

Here's a few ideas, moong dahl chat - protein rich and low GI, Palak dhokla - nutrient dense and low GI, almond chia seed ladoo - protein packed and low carb, methi thepla, and karela tikka.

Have you tried karela juice? a few of my yoga students have had very positive results with it.

I've a deep and undying love for Indian food. I'm guessing you are a vegetarian?.

Here's a few ideas, moong dahl chat - protein rich and low GI, Palak dhokla - nutrient dense and low GI, almond chia seed ladoo - protein packed and low carb, methi thepla, and karela tikka.

Have you tried karela juice? a few of my yoga students have had very positive results with it.

Ah ok ... Cool :)

I am not a complete vegetarian ... i eat meat ... but very less , like once a week

Most of those foods you mentioned are north indian foods ...

I am from south india ... our foods are a bit more different compared to north indian food ...

north indian foods are more dry ...

south indian foods have more gravy

i think that is the main difference ....

south indian foods are really not that diabetic friendly ... so i have to be very careful in choosing the foods :)

I got my cholesterol under control with apples, pears and porridge. It was so effective my doctor was shocked.

ok ...

cholestrol is a type of fat ...

so i have been focusing on exercises these days ...

i go to the beach nearby and do brisk walking and jogging early morning ... been doing that for 3 weeks now ...

i used to go to gym ... but developed a golfers elbow issue ... so in order to give the elbow some rest ... i ditched the gym ...

and i am trying to avoid fat , oil and meat foods

i like vegetables and fish more :)

Ah ok ... Cool :)

I am not a complete vegetarian ... i eat meat ... but very less , like once a week

Most of those foods you mentioned are north indian foods ...

I am from south india ... our foods are a bit more different compared to north indian food ...

ok ...

cholestrol is a type of fat ...

so i have been focusing on exercises these days ...

i go to the beach nearby and do brisk walking and jogging early morning ... been doing that for 3 weeks now ...

i used to go to gym ... but developed a golfers elbow issue ... so in order to give the elbow some rest ... i ditched the gym ...

and i am trying to avoid fat , oil and meat foods

i like vegetables and fish more :)

north indian foods are more dry ...
south indian foods have more gravy

i think that is the main difference ....

south indian foods are really not that diabetic friendly ... so i have to be very careful in choosing the foods :)
Oh okay, I spent most of my time in India in the Punjab and Goa, I think Goa although in the south has a more Portuguese influenced cuisine?.

There's lots of fish rich in omega 3 and 6 that is fine for diabetics to eat, steamed Salmon or Tilapia is fantastic. or you could just snack on carrot sticks.

I think you are doing everything right and shouldn't worry too much. You've a positive attitude and are adjusting well to the lifestyle changes so it's only a matter of time before you have it under control .... if you haven't already.

I wish you luck and health :)

oh ok ... cool ...

I have never been to punjab , that is where the sikh people live ... followers of the sikh religion
i have few friends there ... but never been to that place myself ...

to give you an idea of sikh people in that state against my state ....

check this ...

Sikh Population in India
Punjab 16,004,754 Majority

Kerala 3,814 Negligible

goa is a cool place too ... a bit like our own beaches and culture influenced by foreign tourists too

its just that they have more crowded beaches and more foreigners there

i think their curry or gravy like foods are more close to our own food

here too we have the availability of fresh fish most of the time

tilapia is a fresh water fish ... but i prefer sea food ... because it is more hygienic compared to the so called fresh water fishes or fishes from lakes or ponds ... which isn't really in the best of conditions here ... if you come here and see you will know ....

what is mostly available to us is mainly sardine's and mackerel's .... those are available every day of the year here ...

anyway back to main subject .... which is the problem of finding proper evening food before the dinner ...

i decided to eat brown bread with egg omelette and drink a diabetic protein drink with it ....

that should keep me fulfilled until dinner :)

Every time I read the title, I think "Second Dinner" lol.

I'm not diabetic, but I may steal some of these ideas. I have promised myself I will get into running seriously this summer, and I know the better diet would certainly help.

You can seriously take points from it because that is at least the 50th attempt at everything ....

so those points are much more refined :)

Every time I read the title, I think "Second Dinner" lol.

I'm not diabetic, but I may steal some of these ideas. I have promised myself I will get into running seriously this summer, and I know the better diet would certainly help.

you really live in canada ?

i was curious because my younger sister lives there in canada now with her husband ....

she is new to that place ...

she lives in a place called brampton

sometimes she sends me pictures of that place ... so cold and dark and snowy

she has only started living there for like an year now

looks like a cool place :)

you really live in canada ?

i was curious because my younger sister lives there in canada now with her husband ....

she is new to that place ...

she lives in a place called brampton

sometimes she sends me pictures of that place ... so cold and dark and snowy

she has only started living there for like an year now

looks like a cool place :)
I do! I was born in Toronto. I remember the winters in Ontario being very damp and having heavy snow.

Now I live in Saskatchewan. It wasn't too cold and snowy this year. We've gotten more snow here in March than the rest of the winter. I suspect it will be very bright and hot this summer. I miss thunder storms as we haven't had more than a few minutes in years. I guess that means I miss good rain as well.

ok cool ..

Yes , when i sit here and compare our climate with the climate in Canada ... it is at extreme ends

here these times are summer ...

our summer are from march , april and may ... and june is monsoon time ... we have to wait till june to see our rainy season

the snow looks heavy there ... and it looks really nice ...

our place , we never have snow .... for us to experience snow we have to go to hill stations which are kinda really far away :)

maybe after this ...

i decided to eat brown bread with egg omelette and drink a diabetic protein drink with it ....

i should eat some salad and go to sleep :)

Latest posts

Back